1.    #1  
    I'm looking for a good grocery list app, one where you would just check off items you need from a list. Preferably free. thanks
    Palm V > samsung i500> treo 650 > treo 755p> Centro> Pre
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Nothing beats HandyShopper (in my mind at least). Very powerful and free. You can get it here: HandyShopper 3 for PalmOS

Cheers.
    Another vote for HandyShopper. I love being able to sort the items I need in aisle order for the store I am in. You never miss anything on your list and have to go back through the store.

Trick: You can put items into categories. I created the following categories : fridge, freezer, pantry, bathroom...

Then before going to the store, I will select the "fridge" category to see a list of items in the fridge. I can check to see if we need anything on my list...my family is not the best about letting me know when run out or get low on something. I do this for all the categories.

Franko
    Step up and be Green!

Take the stairs rather than the elevator. It's good for you, it's good for the Earth, it's good for all of us.
    HandyShopper is the shopping application, and it's freeware. It's got every feature that one could want in such an application, and it's stable too.
    If you don't want to bother entering your list, check out and join the HandyShopper Yahoo Group for some pre-made lists.
    Tks for the info guys. I'll check it out.
    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Thanks for the information on this program. I was wondering if it can be installed/ran from a SD card instead of loading it on my 755P?

Fired00d

Palm 755P
    Alltel
    Quote Originally Posted by Fired00d View Post
    Thanks for the information on this program. I was wondering if it can be installed/ran from a SD card instead of loading it on my 755P?

Fired00d
    Bump.... Can someone answer this for me. Thanks.

Fired00d

Palm 755P
    Alltel
    Quote Originally Posted by Fired00d View Post

Fired00d
    You can run databases you create from the card. Make sure you use the "Menu > Databases" dialog in HandyShopper to move them to the card (using the drop down arrows). Also check the "Card" box to see them.

I have no idea if the main program can be run reliably from the card, and never considered it, since doing so would free up a whopping 270kb. Also the HandyShopper databases aren't that big either. My biggest one has 600 items and is 120kb. I run everything from main memory for stability. YMMV.
    Handyshopper rules! I gave up my Treo 650 for an iPhone recently, but nothing on the iPhone even comes close to HS for PalmOS.

Treo 650 - Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.20-ENA
    Firmware:01.71
    Quote Originally Posted by notmuch View Post
    You can run databases you create from the card. Make sure you use the "Menu > Databases" dialog in HandyShopper to move them to the card (using the drop down arrows). Also check the "Card" box to see them.

I have no idea if the main program can be run reliably from the card, and never considered it, since doing so would free up a whopping 270kb. Also the HandyShopper databases aren't that big either. My biggest one has 600 items and is 120kb. I run everything from main memory for stability. YMMV.
    Thanks for that information. At that size I doubt I'll have any concerns over memory usage in the phone.

Fired00d

Palm 755P
    Alltel
    Why not just try it yourself? If it doesn't work on the card, you can always just move it back to RAM. It should work fine on the card tho.. it doesn't use any RAM-necessary phone resources, as far as I can see.