1.    #1  
    Like if I type u, it changes to you, and such.
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    i found one way to do it... but not likely a good solution for most people. just to have it on record the hsextensions2.0_enUS ovly file holds the autotext. it actually has it all organized in a nice list where you can edit it too, you could use bird to edit the resource. it's tSTL #25004.

use filez to copy hsextensions2.0_enUS to internal, you might have to copy to a card and then back to internal since filez is weird, then open it with bird and scroll on down to tSTL 25004 - there's the list of autocompletes. I'd only assume you could add some to it. if not you could just replace some pre-existing ones that you don't need with ones that you want.

http://www.ppcompiler.org/download.php?lng=en
    http://phwelo.mobi
    for any questions or to send a donation: phwelo@gmail.com
    Download PowerDict, it's a free app set up to do what you want. It's also really handy for longer things like your name or email.
    Global Posts
    187 Global Posts
    Text Plus works well.
    I have used textplus it works pretty good on the centro. I uninstalled it though, it gets in the way and unless you are typing series of 9-10 letter words it is faster to just type then to stop and find the word and hit the center button.
    Everex Freestyle - Casio E-105 - Palm Vx - Treo 90 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 700p -Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by jayzee View Post
    I have used textplus it works pretty good on the centro. I uninstalled it though, it gets in the way and unless you are typing series of 9-10 letter words it is faster to just type then to stop and find the word and hit the center button.
    Sounds like PowerDict is definitely the right app for the OP then, as opposed to TextPlus. In PD all you type is "u" then when you space it automatically changes it to "you". Simple as that. I also have it set up to change "abt" to "about", "il" to "I'll", "wer" to "we're", etc.. Once you have a few common words set up like that you'll really notice how quickly it speeds up your typing by cutting out a lot of keystrokes. The only downfall is that it becomes such second-nature that when you type on a computer you find yourself trying to use your little shortcuts there, too
    Quote Originally Posted by fstopstigmata View Post
    .....The only downfall is that it becomes such second-nature that when you type on a computer you find yourself trying to use your little shortcuts there, too
    For the PC, try the freeware Texter... find it at Lifehacker. You can set it up to match your PowerDict shortcuts.
    Man, I LOVE Lifehacker. I can't even imagine how dull my life must have been without it
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by notmuch View Post
    For the PC, try the freeware Texter... find it at Lifehacker. You can set it up to match your PowerDict shortcuts.
    Nice find! I've been enjoying the convenience of PowerDict on my Treo, but I think I'll try to stick to proper English (well, the best I'm capable of) on my full size keyboard. Language and grammar are going to pot thanks to modern communication methods and I'm going to cling to the past for as long as I can manage.

Back when Graffiti-1 was the input method of choice I found myself scribing it onto paper!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott_L View Post
    Back when Graffiti-1 was the input method of choice I found myself scribing it onto paper!
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    for PC shortcuts don't forget autohotkey - it's the sole reason i get more done at work than everyone else... and still have to to screw around on forums
    http://phwelo.mobi
    for any questions or to send a donation: phwelo@gmail.com