1.    #1  
    Maybe its because I mostly use my Palm for actual PIM and day to day work just hot syncing to the PC as a back up. But at my new job they use Outlook, so I decided to try and use outlook at home too. I switched my Palm hotsync conduits to outlook.

But it kept duplicating entries. I changed the preferences for each conduit so that handheld wins. But to no avail - about every third hot sync, I'd get duplicate entries. Meaning I'd have to spend an inordinate amount of time UN-duplicating entries!

I haven't tackled my contacts yet - they've practically tripled in entries! But my calendar entries I dutifully remove the duplicates.

After searching for the whys and where fors and coming up empty handed I've decided to go back to the Palm desktop as the conduit.

So I went to start/programs/palm/PIM Conduit sync/use Palm desktop and changed it. Did a hot sync then was horrified to see that all my categories have been deleted! ALL categories in Memos, Calendar, Contacts and Tasks!

Furthermore I have an error message that says:
    "Some handheld records were not copied to your PC. Your computer may be full or you may have reached the maximum allowed records on the desktop. To correct this situation, delete some records and perform a HotSync operation again.
    Desktop = 111, Handheld = 106"

I know my PC is no where near full - so what's up?

Now I really do hate outlook!

I am NOT looking forward to reinstating all my categories!
    This PRE is MINE all MINE! But if you ask nice I might let you hold it!
    Sorry you had such a bad experience with Outlook.
    If you decide to go back, many found a solution to syncing problem contained in the link below.
    Look at Post #185. This app may help.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  3.    #3  
    Is your suggestion to purchase the app "DBfixit"? I don't have a corrupt database in my Palm - it seems to be an issue only with Outlook. Else why does it hot sync seamlessly with Palm Desktop?

So I've spent the better part of today, reassigning my categories and un-duplicating my Contacts on the T3 and will now venture a hot sync to the Centro. Hoping that Palm desktop will pull through the corrected information.

Its hard to believe I've been using this T3 since 2003! And still thoroughly enjoy the little machine!

I should have NEVER tried to switch to Outlook - know what they say... If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Now I'm fixin it!

Cheers!
    Kim
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgewizard View Post
    Is your suggestion to purchase the app "DBfixit"?

I should have NEVER tried to switch to Outlook - know what they say... If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Now I'm fixin it!

Cheers!
    Kim
    Fortunately, ever since I've owned a Centro, I haven't had any issues syncing with Outlook. Previously, with my Treo 700p I did, and DBfixit was called something else and it was free.

Anyway, I know what you mean about not fixing somthing that's not broke. My problem was that I got bored with Palm Desktop and saw too many people using Outlook that intergrated the email and the PIMs info.

Good luck getting you Categories back.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    I also had issues when I first switched to Outlook. I still don't like Outlook and am anxiously awaiting an alternative. I wound up spending several hours and going through my contacts and cleaning them up one at a time. (Never had an issue with Palm, and my contacts were old...been using Palm forever...and regularly used dbfixit.) The time spent was worth it though.

Since it looks like the final days for Palm desktop, it's probably not a bad idea to prepare for something else, whether Outlook, Live, Google, or whatever else is coming in the "cloud."
  6.    #6  
    Final days of Palm Desktop? PLEASE say it ain't so!

Yup spent several hours updating categories, cleaning out duplicates then copying the T3 contacts to the Centro Contacts.

Yeah, I'll likely have to be pulled kicking and screaming into using Outlook at home.

But until that day happens, I'll plod along with Palm desktop. - So far its been working great for me for several years! With any luck something will come out that I can just bypass outlook all together!

Cheers!
    Kim