Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hey all,

I just bought a treo 650 tonight and I'm in love with it. It's my first palm phone. I'm used to my motorola razr and this thing is just amazing!

But I'd like to get some music / videos on here but it says I have to install Windows Media Player from the Additional Software on the CD? But there is no such thing on the CD the treo came with (bought it used off someone). It is the original CD. But I don't see the WMP 9 anywhere.

Also, how do you install WMP 9 onto it?

Could someone help please?
    Thanks!
    The reference to Windows Media Player seems to indicate that it is not a 650 (750 maybe), but if it is this link may help.

Sprint, Verizon, Cingular Treo 650/700p CD's Available For Download!
  3.    #3  
    Thanks! I'll look into it.

Also another thing... Starting today (although I just got it last night), whenever I made a call, I could barely, and I mean BARELY hear the other person over the phone. Last night that didn't happen. But for some reason, starting today (without touching any settings), the other end of the line was incredibly quiet.

Any help with that?
    So, is it really a 650?
  5.    #5  
    Yes it is.

And I checked out that link you gave me and downloaded the appropriate CD and it led me back to square 1. No where on that download file is there a WMP install thingamajig.
    Quote Originally Posted by amej8 View Post
    Thanks! I'll look into it.

Also another thing... Starting today (although I just got it last night), whenever I made a call, I could barely, and I mean BARELY hear the other person over the phone. Last night that didn't happen. But for some reason, starting today (without touching any settings), the other end of the line was incredibly quiet.

Any help with that?

You have a rocker switch on the side which will set the volume in the phone application. Is that set appropriately.

And for your audio/video requirements install TCPMP

TCPMP download

Download additional codecs as well - especially AAC.
  7.    #7  
    About the volume, I guess it was just a glitch. I called my voicemail and my bank and I could hear those 2 phone calls perfectly fine. Hopefully it doesn't do it again.

And the phone already has TCPMP. I just don't know how to upload music using Palm Desktop.
    When you hotsync it will move what you've slected to the phone or card. If you've got a card, you can just load it directly on that.
  9.    #9  
    I don't have a card reader for my computer.

And when I have Palm Desktop open and try to drag .mp3 or .mpeg/.avi files onto the Quick Install (or Media tab of Palm Desktop), it says to install Windows Media Player if I wish to add Media onto the phone. So I'm assuming the only way to get media onto my phone to avoid that error message is to just get a card reader and put files onto that?

Do you have an SD card? If so, QuickInstall should place a selected mp3 in the card section ready for transferring during a Hotsync.

Card Reader & Card Export are a couple of programs which turn your Treo into a USB drive.
    Last edited by johncc; 01/26/2009 at 07:32 PM.
    That Windows Media Player message is just wrong. Is your PC running Vista or XP?
    I wonder if you have the right phone (650 Palm platform) but you're using the wrong software? (750 software for Windows Mobile platform?)

Windows Media Player has nothing to do with the Treo 650.

..Handspring...\..........Palm.........\.........Palm........\.........Palm......\.....Motorola.....
    .VisorDeluxe.../............Vx.........../........M-100......./......Treo650.../.......Droid........
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Do you have an SD card? If so, QuickInstall should place a selected mp3 in the card section ready for transferring during a Hotsync.

Card Reader & Card Export are a couple of programs which turn your Treo into a USB drive.
    I'll try that next time. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by PalmHead View Post
    That Windows Media Player message is just wrong. Is your PC running Vista or XP?
    Vista unfortunately .

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyD View Post
    I wonder if you have the right phone (650 Palm platform) but you're using the wrong software? (750 software for Windows Mobile platform?)

Windows Media Player has nothing to do with the Treo 650.
    Yes I do have a Treo 650. It says so behind the battery on the phone. And the software installation CD says Treo 650 Software Installation CD (for Windows & Mac). Version of the Palm Desktop is 4.1.4
  14.    #14  
    Okay I just tried syncing my phone when I had an MP3 in the "Expansion Card" section of the quick install. Had an SD card in the phone. It gave me an error saying my records are full or my phone is full. Try to delete records or clear space on phone. But I don't know how to clear my records and what's safe to delete off my phone.

Appreciate everyone's patience and help so far!
    Quote Originally Posted by amej8 View Post
    Okay I just tried syncing my phone when I had an MP3 in the "Expansion Card" section of the quick install. Had an SD card in the phone. It gave me an error saying my records are full or my phone is full. Try to delete records or clear space on phone. But I don't know how to clear my records and what's safe to delete off my phone.

Appreciate everyone's patience and help so far!
    The fact that it was set to transfer to the card would indicate that what is on the phone doesn't matter. I would suspect problems writing to the card. Can you try it in another device? Or you could download file management program Filez and that will allow you to see if you can access the card.
    Can you hotsync successfully without trying to put anything on the card? I thought Vista complicated the process, but I'm not sure.

If you can sync successfully, then try installing some othe type of file to the phone and then the card. See if that works. You can also get on the internet with the phone and see if you can download a file over the air. If that works but syncing doesn't then you'll know what part of the process is the problem.
  17.    #17  
    I ended up buying a card reader / writer and a 2GB SD card (non SDHC since I feared the phone would be too old of a model to read SDHC) and media works! I used TCPMP and my memory card showed up as well as the .avi file I put in there to try! Now I won't be bored on long trips!

Thanks for all the tips and help guys. Appreciate it .
    Enjoy!
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    You have a rocker switch on the side which will set the volume in the phone application. Is that set appropriately.

And for your audio/video requirements install TCPMP

TCPMP download

Download additional codecs as well - especially AAC.
    Does downloading TCPMP drain too much of 650's memory?
    I found the fastest way to do movies is to load them on my card and pop it in my treo and go. I make my own MP3 ringtones with the program minitones, cause it let's me size them and it will put them directly in my list of phone ring tones. I got no major drain downloading TCPMP and I watch full length movies that I put on some sd cards. I'm talking full movies I got a 2gb cards with 8 full length movies on it and they play crystal clear. I can also listen to music with TCPMP too.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast