Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Added my wife and dad to my account. Gave em more business. Didnt want to change mine at all.

When I leave I discover I no longer have wireless sync!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just a simple email client, web based. I called. If I want the sync service back - 30 dollars more!!!!!

When is someone gonna step on these clowns and get them to treat people right?
    First of all, why post this in the Centro forum. There is one for CDMA/Verizon.

Second, the only way you could loose your wireless sync, if if you got a data block on your device. Yes, a data plan costs $30/mo, which is a pretty good deal for VZW.

Third, you should check out www.howardforums.com for some info about Verizon plans. They have some Verizon experts there that can answer your questions. Just be aware that on those forums, they are very strict about posting without searching and posting in the wrong forums.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    First of all, why post this in the Centro forum. There is one for CDMA/Verizon.

Second, the only way you could loose your wireless sync, if if you got a data block on your device. Yes, a data plan costs $30/mo, which is a pretty good deal for VZW.

Third, you should check out www.howardforums.com for some info about Verizon plans. They have some Verizon experts there that can answer your questions. Just be aware that on those forums, they are very strict about posting without searching and posting in the wrong forums.
    (1) I posted here because I own a Centro.
    (2) They tell me the reason I "lost" it is becasue they put the new "Personal Email" option on my phone and removed the "Business Option" (without telling me) so they could quote a lower price.
    (3) I'll look into it.
    You would have to find out if you can or cannot use the wireless sync on the $29.95 plan. I don't recall hearing one way or the other, but the people on howardforums could tell you. Let us know. I'll bet you can upgrade to the Business plan if you asked.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    You would have to find out if you can or cannot use the wireless sync on the $29.95 plan. I don't recall hearing one way or the other, but the people on howardforums could tell you. Let us know. I'll bet you can upgrade to the Business plan if you asked.
    Oh I've already found that out! I can have it back, if I want to pay the added $29.95.

The point is, that the only change I wanted to my service was to add wife and dad phone service. I got a $$$ quote for that and told them to proceed. That was it. Simple.

BINGO, I lose my service and the contract price quote they gave me is out the window if I want the service (that I already had!) back.

I'm sure they wouldnt stand still for me dictating what the "contract" terms were if I decided to change my mind. It's just a BS way to do business.

Also, FYI, the old service worked great. Fast, thorough, simple, robust. The new web email service is weak, slowwww, bogs down Centro, locks up, and whoafully lacking in funtionality. Plus, I get no syncing with mail server, calendar changes, and/or tasks.
    Then threaten to cancel, and hope their retentions department is as good as Sprint's.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    I intend to but with my luck they'll just say goodbye!
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    They made it right. I'm wirelessly syncing again.