1.    #1  
    I just purchased a no contract centro to put on my existing sprint SERO to replace my dying/dead 755p. Plan to use the centro until mid/end of summer in order to fully evaluate the pre.

My question is how do I move all my 3rd party apps and settings to my centro? Do I just copy all the files from the 755p 's sd card to the centro's micro card, put the card in the centro and perform a desktop sync?

I know this is basic stuff, but any help would be greatly appreciated. I wanted the move to be smooth. Thanks
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Hey Longhorn (I lived in Austin for 10 years). Same question here. Verizon replaced my 755p today (for free!) because my option, shift, space, zero and backspace keys suddenly stopped working.

What I did was HotSync the centro with my last 755p backup. I got prompted if I wanted to create a new user name or use the 755p user name. I chose the latter and made sure the HotSync settings were set to the defaults. I also backed up my apps to a miniSD card (so I can selectively restore), but unfortunately I cannot get a card reader to read the card.

thorne
    Rename Backup folder on computer, it's within the Palm/PalmOne path in the folder resembling your Hotsync ID. Sync to existing Hotsync ID and then reinstall third-party apps from the renamed Backup folder. This will prevent unplanned install of system and preferences files from your old hardware.
    Here's the link for Palm support. I would go to it and follow the instructions for converting from a 755p to a Centro:
    Good luck,

http://www.palm.com/us/support/index.html
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    Here's the link for Palm support. I would go to it and follow the instructions for converting from a 755p to a Centro:
    Good luck,

http://www.palm.com/us/support/index.html
    I could not find anything specific to migrating from 755p to Centro. Would you please provide a specific URL. Thanks. thorne
    Quote Originally Posted by thornev View Post
    I could not find anything specific to migrating from 755p to Centro. Would you please provide a specific URL. Thanks. thorne
    It was had to find. Try this:

http://kb.palm.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBC...TopicIcon:faqs

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    It was had to find. Try this:

http://kb.palm.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBC...TopicIcon:faqs

Good Luck
    Ah, thanks. I'm a Verizon/PC user, but the instructions still apply. Still, nothing specific going from 755p to Centro. I suppose it doesn't matter what the "from" phone is. Migration is migration. thorne
  8.    #8  
    Yeah thornev, I love Austin. Its my home town and lived here all my life.

Thanks turbo Tiger looks like it might be easier than I thought. I guess I can move files from one sd card to the other via just transferring them via card reader on my computer?
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LonghornTreo View Post
    I guess I can move files from one sd card to the other via just transferring them via card reader on my computer?
    Yup, that should work. thorne
    LonghornTreo and thornev,
    You understand that you still have to hotsync with the new software that you should have installed from the CD that was included with the Centro. As far as transferring files from card to card, I've never done it that way.

Good Luck
    Last edited by TurboTiger; 01/19/2009 at 08:32 PM.
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    LonghornTreo and thornev,
    You understand that you still have to hotsync with the new software that you should have installed from the CD that was included with the Centro.
    I didn't do that. I used the same Palm Desktop that was installed when I had the 755p. That would be the latest v6.x from Palm's web site. Does it make a difference? thorne
    Sorry to hijack the thread. I was looking on treocentral to see if anyone went from the 755p to the centro. I'm glad someone have. My 755p is on its last legs and I was thinking bout going to the centro. For those that have, any complaints? I loved my 755p.

ET
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by etphoto View Post
    any complaints?
    ET
    Not one. The Centro is actually faster than the 755p. I don't need Lightspeed anymore. And it seems much more stable than the 755p (maybe Lightspeed was my problem...lol). The only thing is the keypad on the Centro - it's smaller than the 755p and takes some getting used to. thorne