1.    #1  
    I have it, and the JVM. Yet randomly when I'm browsing it will freeze completely, the screen is on it'll just completely freeze and never come back until you reset it, which means pulling off the battery cover and pulling out the battery. It's quickly wearing out my battery cover lol.

I need this fixed because it's a great web browser, it just freezes a lot....

In Java VM prefs I have the maximum memory set to 8mb, and the maximum java thread set to 8kb.

Still ain't working yo. Any fixes?

thanks!
    No fixes that I know of, if you're referring to Opera Mini...
    Set maximum thread to 32k - that should help a little, but I still find it freezes my Treo 755p - but at least it might freeze less. I believe java is the problem.
    The only REAL way to avoid freezes (other than just deleting the programs altogether) is to go into your menu & manually clear the cache every few pages.

At first you're gonna be like "Aw yeeah! This is much nicer not having to hold my breath for a freeze!" but soon you're gonna be like "Holy crap this is annoying, Blazer's much more convenient."

Palm will soon abandon PalmOS since WebOS is their new baby, so the very slim chance that Palm were ever to renegotiate a deal with Java has been squashed.

So in the big picture your only hope really is that somebody figures out a way to write a program (or use existing ones) to auto-clear cache in the background. & even then, you'll have to constantly re-enter usernames & passwords..

It's a lost hope =D
    Quote Originally Posted by fstopstigmata View Post
    The only REAL way to avoid freezes (other than just deleting the programs altogether) is to go into your menu & manually clear the cache every few pages.

At first you're gonna be like "Aw yeeah! This is much nicer not having to hold my breath for a freeze!" but soon you're gonna be like "Holy crap this is annoying, Blazer's much more convenient."

Palm will soon abandon PalmOS since WebOS is their new baby, so the very slim chance that Palm were ever to renegotiate a deal with Java has been squashed.

So in the big picture your only hope really is that somebody figures out a way to write a program (or use existing ones) to auto-clear cache in the background. & even then, you'll have to constantly re-enter usernames & passwords..

It's a lost hope =D
    When you speak of clearing the cache, are you referring to cookies?
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Probably.. I can't remember what exactly it was. It's been awhile since I deleted it.

It's the only option of it's kind in the settings menu, I know that.
    Then it is cookies - I wish you could clear the cache Blazer at least allows you clear one or the other or both.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
    Okay, yea, cookies. Back when I used to use Opera Mini all the time on my Centro it had crashes like everyone else, but then I read somewhere that the crashes were caused by the cookie files; once they built up to a certain kb limit, instead of auto-deleting the oldest, it just crashed the Centro instead. I went for probably a solod month clearing cookies every few pages without a single crash. Then, like I said, I realized that Blazer was just more efficient and convenient & that the Opera/Java storage space could be put to better use =]
    In my case, I'll just deal with the crashes.

Let me put it this way. Right now, with Opera Mini, my phone is a decent web browsing phone, except for the crashes.

With Blazer, the phone would be useless for web browsing, and I'd be tempted to get my old dumbphone reactivated, because it'd a better web browsing phone. (Opera Mini runs perfectly on it.) (Except, it's all busted, has a crappy camera, and has a dialpad only.)
    Thanks for the info. I never knew it was the cookies. What a shame. It is a great browser except for that.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by fstopstigmata View Post
    Okay, yea, cookies. Back when I used to use Opera Mini all the time on my Centro it had crashes like everyone else, but then I read somewhere that the crashes were caused by the cookie files; once they built up to a certain kb limit, instead of auto-deleting the oldest, it just crashed the Centro instead. I went for probably a solod month clearing cookies every few pages without a single crash. Then, like I said, I realized that Blazer was just more efficient and convenient & that the Opera/Java storage space could be put to better use =]
    Your Opera Mini cookies are stored on the Opera server, not on your device.

The typical thing that causes Opera Mini freeze, is the available device Cache gets to low. Opera Mini fuctions by connecting to the Opera server for everything. All those connections sucks the device Cache down to a low point, and you get Opera Mini freeze..

If you want to use Opera Mini, soft reset the device to get the device Cache, and Cache max chunk up to where to where it needs to be to support all those Opera Mini connections to the Opera server.

Also, dumping Opera Mini History frequently, will help on those Opera Mini crashes.

plenty of freezes even using it as a rss reader
    Hey guys, check this out - while I was searching for the best settings, I found this little tidbit. If you look futher down the on the features, 4th from the bottom, it says to change font size to clear the cache. Strange way of clearing cache, but at least you can do it. Hope they are correct.

I just test set both memory and thread stack to 32 and it seems to display websites I never could display correctly before when my settings were 4mb memory and 32kb thread stack and it didn't crash - maybe this is the magic setting? I'm hoping.

Opera Mini 4.2.13216 Description
    Impress your friends and wow yourself with Opera Mini 4 beta as you quickly navigate the entire Internet on the world's only super fast and free mobile phone browser. Access any site at any time, anywhere, and on almost any phone.

New features:

Added encryption
    Added multi search, with shortcut #+9
    Added create search from form field
    Added landscape mode, shortcut #+*
    Added support for small anti-aliased bitmap fonts
    Added content folding
    Simplified setup process
    Improved image quality
    Improved fit to width mode rendering
    Simplified settings page
    Added native BlackBerry menu
    Allow BlackBerry to accept the EULA via the menu.
    Fixed decoding of images that were skipped when partially above the window
    Added clock adjustment setting
    Changing the font size via settings now clears the document cache
    Now saves full screen mode between sessions
    Dialogs are now displayed with round corners and alpha channel overlay windows
    Delayed randomess gathering for secure connections until first real page request
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p