Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    fyi the free version of goosync is being discontinued. They sent out emails about this this morning.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    funny because my Google EAS is broken... not working now for about 3 days, after working perfectly for about a week...

anyone else having problems?
    Quote Originally Posted by chacalau View Post
    funny because my Google EAS is broken... not working now for about 3 days, after working perfectly for about a week...

anyone else having problems?
    yes, i set it up on monday and it only worked during that day.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    im surprised that more people aren't jumping up and down about this... has EVERYONE really either got a Pre, or jumped ship???

i'm still in love with my centro, and i know i could not get a Pre or anything else to do the things i need it to...

then one day we had EAS with Google...

and then it was gone...

what the!?????

how could this be, nobody is answering any posts to the Google forums...

does ANYONE have it working still?
    Last edited by chacalau; 10/19/2009 at 07:42 AM.
    Stopped working here too - conflict of interest at Google ?
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    that was my initial thought too!

its got to be a conscious decision to remove functionality, right? funny thing is though i can't remember Google taking that approach before, aren't they the enablers of technology?

for reference, i also have a treo 680 (which has EAS) and it give me a different error message.

http://www.cursorglobal.com/1src/gmailaeserror.jpg
    Last edited by chacalau; 10/19/2009 at 08:20 AM.
    I've seen that kind of "AIRSAM" error on Centro too - it related to bad SSl certificate on the server. Versamail refused to accept it because the cert. didn't match the server FQDN. I wonder if google have brought up some more servers and messed up their redirections ?

Googling for the error code 2214 seems to suggest a Windows domain related problem though. Should there be something in front of the username for google sync this week ?
    Has anyone figured out how to get this working again (EAS sync to Google from PalmOS)? I have moved to a Pre but my wife and kids are all using Centros and I would really like to get them syncing this way.
    Quote Originally Posted by scheumanrj View Post
    Has anyone figured out how to get this working again (EAS sync to Google from PalmOS)? I have moved to a Pre but my wife and kids are all using Centros and I would really like to get them syncing this way.
    No luck here - but from looking at the behaviour of the EAS server and reports on other fora I think that google are doing some sort of client detection and redirecting to other servers for the "approved" clients now...
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    mmmmmm i thought the same thing.

but why would they put effort in to stop it working for the Centro?

ohhhhh i know, so we all have to buy new devices! derrr.

if only there was a phone that let me do everything i need to do on it for work AND sync'd with Google. Wait, how about a Centro? oh, i see what i just did :-/

But seriously, now that GooSync is not free to sync my calendar i'm going to have to find a new device...

As well as awesome PIM and Online features, I need it to:

Have something similar / identical to Palm OS Progect (http://www.freewarepalm.com/business...tmanager.shtml)
    Allow wiki style linking like psLink (http://jove21.com/palm/palmware/pslink/?ex-lang=en)
    Allow me to control the device directly from my PC like Keylink (http://www.mobilityware.com/KeyLink/KeyLinkProduct.htm)

whats out there that can do all this? what are my options? and don't be a smarty and say Centro!
    Last edited by chacalau; 11/01/2009 at 07:40 PM.
    just fyi, there is a buggy java program called gcalsync that syncs palm's calendar with Google Calendar. I didn't like it so i went the goosync way.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    i tried the free Goosync version a while ago, and ditched it completely when EAS Google Sync started work... now i'm stuck, no Goosync, no Google Sync.

i didn't really like Goosync as i always had to make it sync by pushing the sync button... so does the now new paid version work like autoSync and keep things in sync in the background... just like EAS did / should...?
    Quote Originally Posted by chacalau View Post
    . so does the now new paid version work like autoSync and keep things in sync in the background... just like EAS did / should...?

yes and no.
    The clkient supports autosync, however it doesn't register for notifications at reset so you have to start it after a reset. Then it will do autosync according to its configuration.

It will warn you that is about to autosync in x seconds so you can dismiss it. Sync happens in foreground.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12