1.    #1  
    I can't find a quick way of disconnecting the web browser on my Centro At the moment I go to the general menu, then to Preferences, then on to Network and then press Disconnect. Does anyone know a more straightforward way of doing it?
    You can download and install NetworkDown from metaviewsoft.de. When you want to disconnect, run NetworkDown--all it does is disconnect you from the data network and return you to the app launcher.
    "Yeah, he can talk. It's gettin' him to shut up that's the trick!"
    -Shrek
    Turn the radio (phone) off, and then power back on. Those are the only ways without it just timing out.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    In the application launcher, choose Prefs

Select Network

Press the Disconnect button on the bottom of that screen.

Easy!
    Hear more talk about my Centro and other industry news, go to thecellphonejunkie.com for a great weekly cell & smartphone podcast.
    strobeyprobey: That's what the OP doesn't want to do.
    If you have a DA launcher try NetswitchDA. It toggles your default network connection (which should be your wireless provider) on (if it is off) or off (if it is on)
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    I use PowerHero, there you can set the Centro to auto disconect after a set period of inactivity.
    Also in PowerHero:

You an set it to replace the default Opt+P & it has a button to switch it off. That's the quickest way with the fewest keystrokes, as long as you don't mind PH taking up a little bit of RAM space.
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    Yeah, the PowerHero console is great: provides quick access to kb backlight, network, BT, IRDA. I do, however like to automate those. For example my keyboard backlight turns off in the morning and turns back on in the evening. Network is set to disconnect automatically after 45 seconds of inactivity. Set it and forget it kinda thing
    Duh! I am blind!!
    Hear more talk about my Centro and other industry news, go to thecellphonejunkie.com for a great weekly cell & smartphone podcast.
  11. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    I have that set to happen after 1 min of inactivity in PowerHero.
    Just installed NetworkDown on my Centro and assigned it to Opt+Phone Key. Works a treat Thanks!
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    yeap,you coollllll