Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    I just found this tidbit of info for the Sprint 755p owners

http://kb.palm.com/SRVS/NUA/launchKB.asp?c=10030

Since when is a Treo reset a rare thing???
    T300 - T600 - T650 - T700p - T755p - T800w - Pre
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hofs1 View Post

Did you install it? If so, any problems?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hofs1 View Post

http://kb.palm.com/SRVS/NUA/launchKB.asp?c=10030

I don't remember the last time I had a spontaneous reset on my 755p. Probably months. And I'm still running the original 1.04 firmware.

What I do do is swap batteries instead of putting the phone on the charger, so it gets soft reset every couple of days anyway.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    I haven't had a spontaneous reset on mine since this morning. I really need to hard reset and rebuild mine with less apps - I'm finding too many just don't works as they should. I think many step on each other with similar functions. Everyone wants to control so many of the same functions that things have to go wrong.
    I can't remember the last time I had a problem with my 755P. I don't remember upgrading firmware. How do we do that again? I like to force reset my 755P once a month just to clean up any mess when surfing the web.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LupeValenz View Post
    I like to force reset my 755P once a month just to clean up...
    Wow, am I ever jealous! I can reduce resets by disabling SkinUI, but I like the look. Even without is I still seem to have those little surprises every few days.

I will try this if I read some positive feedback from others more daring than I.

UPDATE: I've been searching and can't find a single reference to update 1.08 for Sprint Treo. Sure, the link in the OP goes to what it says, but why is this so quiet? Especially when it's been out so long? As much as I want to try reducing resets, I'm not feeling this (yet) ...
    Last edited by Scott_L; 01/13/2009 at 01:49 PM.
    When I read this post, it was exactly what was driving me crazy, periodic resets of the phone. I thought it was due to the plantronics voyager 520 bluetooth, but hopefully this will prevent the resets. It took about 30 minutes to fully update to Treo755p-1.08-SPNT
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott_L View Post
    I haven't had a spontaneous reset on mine since this morning. I really need to hard reset and rebuild mine with less apps - I'm finding too many just don't works as they should. I think many step on each other with similar functions. Everyone wants to control so many of the same functions that things have to go wrong.
    I have had one spontaneous reset when I went to answer a message. Screen went dark, and totally reset my phone. I thought it was a glitch, now I guess it's more common than I thought.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Can this be done without HotSync-ing, like, over the air maybe? Or save some file that the Palm can read onto the SD card and update from there?

There seems to be some problem with my hotsync setup or my phone...and I haven't had time to figure that out yet...
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowhawk View Post
    Can this be done without HotSync-ing, like, over the air maybe? Or save some file that the Palm can read onto the SD card and update from there?

There seems to be some problem with my hotsync setup or my phone...and I haven't had time to figure that out yet...
    You can do it via the SD card method. That's what I did just a couple of minutes ago. Here's the link for the required files: http://kb.palm.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBC...ase=obj(10068)

Btw. The update went w/o problems. Haven't seen any major change other than a different PRI checksum in the Phone app. Anyway, I hope the rare resets I experienced (mostly when I streamed NPR stations within Kinoma that sometimes where indicated by SafeGuard as being somehow related to Phone events) are history now.
    Last edited by STBXXL; 01/13/2009 at 04:36 PM. Reason: Added update results.
    Well, I am doing the update as we speak - hope it doesn't trash my phone. This update has been out since August 27, 2008 and doing a search doesn't show any info except this post. There must be very few 755p owners around doing this update.

Crossing fingers - almost done.

Edited: well the update is done and I see no smoke or fire - so I am assuming everything went well - - I guess we will see how well this works in a week or so.
    Last edited by MouseGlider; 01/13/2009 at 07:38 PM.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
    does it update google maps or any other native apps?
    bulls96,

I don't think it updates anything except the phone radio - but that is just a guess from what their website says.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

I'm surprised there were so many who didn't know about this firmware update (assuming this is the same old one from 6 months or so, ago).

Some experienced more problems with the update than without it, so I never did apply it to my 755p.

EDIT: The page says it's from 2 and a half months, ago. Maybe my internal calendar was off, but I think that's the same update.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    They had a 1.07 update about 6 to 10 months ago? And that one I remembered a lot of people had problems with.

Luckily that one went well for me - I am just hoping this one v1.08 works out - so far so good.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Quote Originally Posted by Scott_L View Post
    Wow, am I ever jealous! I can reduce resets by disabling SkinUI, but I like the look. Even without is I still seem to have those little surprises every few days.

I will try this if I read some positive feedback from others more daring than I.

UPDATE: I've been searching and can't find a single reference to update 1.08 for Sprint Treo. Sure, the link in the OP goes to what it says, but why is this so quiet? Especially when it's been out so long? As much as I want to try reducing resets, I'm not feeling this (yet) ...
    Wow, you do? I use SkinUI as well *thats what helps me through the process of keeping my 755P , that and some GX-5 apps too*. Though I don't use it as much as I once did before I got my ipod touch. I use my 755P mostly for calling *of course*, PTunes, Memos, alarm clock, weather update, and surfing some mobile sites. With all that I haven't had a problem. I just love the stability of the 755P, and of course the soft feel of it as well
    I can't believe that this update has been out for almost 3 months and no one even heard of it? Thanks so much to the original poster for this.
    I am updating now, the last Sprint 755p update was fine for me, these are important! I cannot believe that Sprint did not even email its 755p customers to let them know.

I am a bigtime Apple user but still can't bring myself to upgrade. My 755p still does everything I need and I have invested heavily in apps and accessories. I still love my 755p...hope some others feel the same way!

Now, if only I can find a cheap extended 2200 batter for it, they are still $60!
    Just installed it, took about 32 minutes start to finish. So far no issues other than having to restore my apps. Otherwise, if it cures the reset issue, great. Sure wish Sprint/Palm had made given this patch a little more publicity.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treotreo233 View Post
    Now, if only I can find a cheap extended 2200 batter for it, they are still $60!
    At Mobihand.com you can currently get them with a 15% discount (So it's "only" $51). The discount code is: MH15A.

Cheers.
    Quote Originally Posted by STBXXL View Post
    At Mobihand.com you can currently get them with a 15% discount (So it's "only" $51). The discount code is: MH15A.

Cheers.
    Sprint has their extended battery and cover for $49 in their stores. Just picked one up.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast