Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 61 to 70 of 70
  1. #61  
    I've actually had less resets. Before one of my contacts would cause a reset EVERY single time they sent me a text. Now It only resets every 3-4 times they text. LoL!

    But this update hasnt hurt anything thank goodness.

    Sprint PCS user since 1999

    -=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
  2. #62  
    I have been getting more resets when launching Blazer via Web Links. The best thing about it though i think is that i can hold data copnnections much longer.
  3. #63  
    So I had to replace my trusty 755p due to a faulty headset jack (apparently they tend to do that) and got a GD refurbished treo in exchange for my brand new out of the box treo and it does not have the new firmware.

    The whole thing threw me off since entering the ##786# code showed that the handset had been reconditioned on 1/19/09.

    So, i'm like, "no matter, go to palm.com and get the new firmware"....but guess what folks? nowhere to be found on the 755p (sprint) support site.

    Is there any reason why they took the update down? Am I better without it?
    Palm 105--->Samsung i-300--->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 300 (still has the best keyboard)-->Treo 755p-->Palm PRE-->Treo 680(unlocked by me)--->iPhone 3G---->iPhone 4---->Hp Pre3
  4. #64  
    I had 1.07 on my 755P before and I should of left it alone.

    Only thing positive about this new update is that my bluetooth head set seem to connect quicker and stay connected.

    Last night I lost all my text messages which really pissed me off. If I didn't have rescue backup, I think I would of thrown the phone out the window.

    I sent a text message, the screen didn't go dim. I tried to go to the home screen, calendar and even phone. Nothing happened. It stayed on the messaging screen. So I unplugged the phone and took out the battery. Even when I unplugged the power, it didn't beep like it normally would.

    Put back in the battery and the power and went into messaging. EVERYTHING WAS GONE!!! Rescue backup to the rescue. I just lost all the txt msg I sent that day.

    Other issues I've been having after this update is non responsiveness. Sometimes I tap on other applications and nothing will happen. Then I hear a tick tick tick and the device will try to jump to the screen I tried to reach.

    Also, it sometimes reset by itself and when it does, it sometimes turn off all the volume for everything. The way I would know that it reset on its own because of KeyCaps. After the upgrade I forgot to set it to enable on reset. So when the device reset on its own, I would try using capital letters and it wouldn't work.

    Does anyone know if I can back rev this firmware?
  5. #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by nitido357 View Post
    So I had to replace my trusty 755p due to a faulty headset jack (apparently they tend to do that) and got a GD refurbished treo in exchange for my brand new out of the box treo and it does not have the new firmware.

    The whole thing threw me off since entering the ##786# code showed that the handset had been reconditioned on 1/19/09.

    So, i'm like, "no matter, go to palm.com and get the new firmware"....but guess what folks? nowhere to be found on the 755p (sprint) support site.

    Is there any reason why they took the update down? Am I better without it?


    Here is a link to the update (I think it might have gotten lost when Palm redesigned their site):

    Radio Patch (Windows Installer) Treo 755p for Sprint


    FWIW, I have had more resets since I installed the update. I finally took it into the store and they told me I had a problem and are ordering me a new (ie, reconditioned) phone since mine had a problem (I have the total equipment replacement plan). I am curious to see what firmware it shows up with.


    Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)



    "When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
  6. KJ78's Avatar
    Posts
    838 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post
    Here is a link to the update (I think it might have gotten lost when Palm redesigned their site):

    Radio Patch (Windows Installer) Treo 755p for Sprint


    FWIW, I have had more resets since I installed the update. I finally took it into the store and they told me I had a problem and are ordering me a new (ie, reconditioned) phone since mine had a problem (I have the total equipment replacement plan). I am curious to see what firmware it shows up with.


    My phone was a TEP replacement and it came w/ 1.07.
  7. #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ78 View Post
    My phone was a TEP replacement and it came w/ 1.07.
    Was it a new or reconditioned? My guess is reconditioned.

    Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)



    "When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
  8. #68  
    I got my new phone from Sprint this evening. Smooth transaction, and it was a brand new phone, not a refurb/recondition. Gave me a whole new box with charger, battery, everything. Only problem is that it has reset itself twice tonight already. It has the 1.07 firmware in it, and I'm planning on taking it back tomorrow. Has this problem been that wide spread? I'm hoping they'll change it out for a Centro, but I'm not sure. Who knows? I guess it'll be a test of the Sprint customer service.


    Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)



    "When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
  9. #69  
    Did this upgrade allow the 755p screen to be turned on by pressing the D-pad?
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  10. #70  
    ok.... I did the update and then restored from a backup....

    when i tried to start versamail it said that versamail 4.0 had been overwritten....

    it says to re-run the update....

    do i have to??? cant i just run the centro versamail updater????
    palm m103 > palm m130 > palm TlX > 755p > PRE (FINALLY!!!!)
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Posting Permissions