Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Is it only me or did the update make the speaker louder? When I played my ringtones and pTunes it seemed overly loud. I do have Volume Care to boost it so I turned it off and it seems okay now (Back to pre-1.08 update with Volume Care).
    Last edited by EeZeEpEe; 01/20/2009 at 09:53 AM.
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

Sprint customer since 2001
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    For those that have done the update and recovered data/settings with NVBackup, how are you restoring your backup? Full restore or selective? If selective, how are you choosing which files? Thanks!
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Scott L: I did a full restore with NVBackup. No problems at all.
    NV backup is without a doubt THE BEST app you can get for your Palm device in regards to safekeeping your data, apps, pics ect... If you plan on doing this update I would suggest purchasing NV backup (if you haven't already) and doing a fresh backup set just incase.

Since the reviews here are mixed I see no reason to do a firmware update on my phone.
    I haven't search on NVBackup lately - the version I am using is v1.22b9 which I think is the latest version - as far as I know up until that version the app was always free.

Fantastic program!
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott_L View Post
    For those that have done the update and recovered data/settings with NVBackup, how are you restoring your backup? Full restore or selective? If selective, how are you choosing which files? Thanks!
    I did a full restore and have had no problems at all.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    I've had this update for a week now and it seemed very promising the first few days.

Prior to the update my phone would always reset when receiving an incoming call while connected to a bluetooth device. Any bluetooth device. Very frustrating.

The update went smoothly and other than losing all my pics and videos everything else was restored.

After the update the speaker is definitely louder and clearer and the bluetooth connection seems to be more stable. I even answered a bunch of calls but for the past two days the reset on incoming call while connected to a bluetooth device demon is back.
    I did the update last week, all went well. Haven't noticed anything really different, but nothing worse either. I have a lot of third party apps and a few hacks on it, but I'm running pretty stable. Most resets are a result of a large contact database that is too big to play nice with Palm's wimpy NVFS and sometimes it crashes upon load.

Today my speaker suddenly stopped working unless I put it into speakerphone mode. I've had several Treos get stuck in the "jack mode" when it thinks a 2.5mm jack is still plugged in and it doesn't route sound properly, but I couldn't get it out of the mode by puting a jack in and out.

Weird thing was that by doing a hard reset I got the sound properly working, but after a restore via BackupMan it was dead again. A couple hard reset-restores later and suddenly the phone speaker is working fine again. Weird.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    When I try to do the update it says that the USB connection failed, but my USB is fine and I can Hotsync fine. I Hotsynced twice and then tried the update again and again it said no USB connection. Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by jc924 View Post
    When I try to do the update it says that the USB connection failed, but my USB is fine and I can Hotsync fine. I Hotsynced twice and then tried the update again and again it said no USB connection. Any ideas?
    Is your USB plugged into a hub or direct to the computer? If plugged into a hub whether it is passive or powered can sometimes cause a problem. So if it is plugged into a hub try a direct connect, as that might help.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EeZeEpEe View Post
    Is it only me or did the update make the speaker louder? When I played my ringtones and pTunes it seemed overly loud. I do have Volume Care to boost it so I turned it off and it seems okay now (Back to pre-1.08 update with Volume Care).
    Me, too. I'm glad I'm not the only loony out there. The back speaker does seem to have a higher output. Yeah!
    Global Posts
    637 Global Posts
    Since he update i have had problems with usbmodem. Has anyone else had that?
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by estroh View Post
    Since he update i have had problems with usbmodem. Has anyone else had that?
    Nope. No problems here with USB Modem.
    Global Posts
    637 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by STBXXL View Post
    Nope. No problems here with USB Modem.
    I get an error message to disable data under preference network =- but i dont see how to do that, Can you please tell me the settings?
    Quote Originally Posted by spartadog View Post
    After the update the speaker is definitely louder and clearer and the bluetooth connection seems to be more stable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Schmid View Post
    Me, too. I'm glad I'm not the only loony out there. The back speaker does seem to have a higher output. Yeah!
    Okay thanks for confirming. I thought I was just hearing things. haha.
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

Sprint customer since 2001
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by estroh View Post
    I get an error message to disable data under preference network =- but i dont see how to do that, Can you please tell me the settings?
    I use the standard Sprint network settings; I have not changed them. In USBModem (version 1.60) I only checked 'Background Mode'. On the PC side I set everything up per the USBModem user manual.

Cheers.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Just finished updating and restoring. Everything works. We'll see how well.
    Last edited by KJ78; 01/22/2009 at 07:21 PM.
    Global Posts
    637 Global Posts
    OK - I will try it out. Was that the same settings in version 1.59? Any improvements that you noticed?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by STBXXL View Post
    I use the standard Sprint network settings; I have not changed them. In USBModem (version 1.60) I only checked 'Background Mode'. On the PC side I set everything up per the USBModem user manual.

Cheers.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    The update has been solid so far. No real noticable change for the better or worse. It did turn the PRL back from 60650 to 60612. I'm not sure if I will update it as I can't say 60650 was any better than 60612.
    I've had the update for just over a week, and have had more resets since I did than I did before. Not sure what is going on with it, but I'll hold out till I can get an upgrade to a Treo Pro.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast