Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    update: 48 hours after update and got my first reboot. Oh well.
    Thanks for posting the link. I checked Sprint last week and they still showed the Treo755p-1.07-SPNT that I loaded last summer.

I loaded Treo755p-1.08-SPNT yesterday. No problems so far but I didn;t expect any, my 755p has been solid as a rock for at least a year now.

Martin
    My PalmOS History (all phones w/Sprint)
    Palm again...
    Treo 755p - Palm Pre (pregistered) or Treo Pro
    PalmOne
    Treo 650
    Handspring...
    Treo 300
    Samsung...
    SPH-i300
    Sony...
    Clie PEG-N710C
    Palm...
    PalmPilot Professional - Palm IIIx - Palm Vx
    I have been getting the constant reboots randomly. Not sure why, so I hope this fixes it. I installed this patch 2 days ago and haven't had a reboot yet. Still need to give it more time to see if this fixes them. The install did not go as planned. I received a txt message near the end of the install and it hung it up. However I checked the phone and it was now 1.08 so I shut down the windows based install and went on my merry way. Phone appears to be updated and everything working fine.
    It was so weird to see this update talked about on TreoCentral. My experience the last week or so has been really weird. I've had my 755p for probably a year and a half or so and at least in terms of stability it has been awesome. Maybe get a reboot once every couple months MAX. Then oddly enough the Pre was announced and all of a sudden I've been getting reboots like twice a day for the past few days. It almost seemed like they were pushing me to the Pre (not that I need any help in doing that). When I get home I'll try installing the update. Hopefully everything works smoothly. It would've been nice if they added the MyLocation thing into the 755p while they were at it. I really don't see a reason for it not to have that feature.
    Since the first reboot 2 days after, I've had a handful already so I don't think this patch works too well. It seems that if I go to and item quickly, like navigating right, right, down, then select, it is prone to locking up and rebooting.
    The last month or so I have been experiencing more and more frequent resets, so I'm doing the update right now. I figure it cant get any worse at this point, it only needs to last another couple months until the pre comes out anyway
    Why isn't this update listed on the palm or sprint website? I've searched everywhere and can only get to it from this board.
    ok did the update. Now could someone please tell me the next step to get my apps back on my handheld.
    grrr, i feel so dumb. I did the update, and forgot that the sync software doesn't backup pictures and video. Now everything I had on there is gone. I can't wait to get a new phone.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    I've had issues where the 755p radio spontaneously resets (powered off/on) but the entire Palm OS did not reset. I never knew when it happened because I only experienced it when I woke the device up from sleep by pressing the red power button. I knew it was happening, though, because the screen would turn on, but the key guard did not activate. Then the power off splash screen would appear and the radio may or may not have turned back on. It was an extremely slow (OK - unbearably slow) process which I circumvented by yanking the battery. Sometimes, my battery would be drained, and often people would say they called but my device never rang and their call would go straight to voice-mail.

I believe the issue was with VersaMail EAS. I installed the Centro version because it allowed me to sync ALL my Calendar events, not just a 6-month window. Then I started experiencing the issue.

Since I got laid off and no longer need to be tethered to MS Exchange, the radio resets have gone away. However, I'll install the update to see if it wards off the issue when I find work again and have an MS Exchange account.

Maybe I'll have a Pre by then and won't have to deal with the issue since it'll sync exchange contacts, calendars, etc. with the device.

Cheers.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by schnoid View Post
    grrr, i feel so dumb. I did the update, and forgot that the sync software doesn't backup pictures and video. Now everything I had on there is gone. I can't wait to get a new phone.
    Get a new expansion card, download NVBackup (Freeware), and schedule nightly backups of your data to the expansion card. 4GB cards are cheap and you can restore the entire device or just specific files if you need to.

Cheers.
    Quote Originally Posted by fanrat10 View Post
    Get a new expansion card, download NVBackup (Freeware), and schedule nightly backups of your data to the expansion card. 4GB cards are cheap and you can restore the entire device or just specific files if you need to.

Cheers.
    Hey, thanks for the tip. I know I should've done that for quite some time, but I felt like buying a mini SD card was ridiculous cause no device I ever get will have miniSD. Everything now-a-days is either regular SD or microSD. I was trying to hold out for a new phone, but I may get a card after this dumb experience.
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Hey, thanks for the tip. I know I should've done that for quite some time, but I felt like buying a mini SD card was ridiculous cause no device I ever get will have miniSD. Everything now-a-days is either regular SD or microSD. I was trying to hold out for a new phone, but I may get a card after this dumb experience.
    Ok.. but you can also just use a MicroSD with a MiniSD adapter in the phone. So you can use the Micro again after you get something new
    Quote Originally Posted by cue79 View Post
    Ok.. but you can also just use a MicroSD with a MiniSD adapter in the phone. So you can use the Micro again after you get something new
    true, i've been thinking about that also. I think mostly it had to do with laziness :-P
    true, i've been thinking about that also. I think mostly it had to do with laziness :-P
    I've used many different microSD cards with miniSD adaptors and they work fine. I also have my pictures saved by default to that card.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    I've got a 4GB microSD with a miniSD and SD adapters. I've had my 755p since 06/2007 and have not had any issues with using a microSD in a miniSD adapter.

Cheers.
    They did this with the 755p Verizon in Aug 2008. I wasn't having any problems, but now my Treo works slower. If you haven't had problems, DON'T make this update!
    Quote Originally Posted by fanrat10 View Post
    WOW! I never realized I could do a selective restore! That's good to know.

FYI, for anyone considering NVBackup it'll also push the backup out to a FTP site so if the phone is lost with the chip, you've still got the data in the cloud. (I program it to do it at 4am).

Gary
    Sprint Treo 755p (previously Sprint Treo 700p, Sprint i500, Sprint i330 [yuk], Sprint i300, Sprint StarTac, Verizon StarTac)
    Mac 12" 1.5 GHz PowerBook (Constantly tethered to my Treo)
    Gary Said... (my blog) or The Daily Meme
    Just updated... so far so good...

I think the internet connection holds up longer (after less than a day with it)
    Though I lost my pics and videos when I did the update, it seems the phone has not rebooted in a few days (knock on wood). I still can't wait for the Pre and hope that it comes out in the next couple months, but my 755p should hold up for a bit longer.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast