1.    #1  
    What's the best one? I'm using versamail right now, and it's pretty lame (I didn't want to pay any money). To get mail I have to go in and manually click "get" and it just isn't that great (no support for attachments either)

So what's the BEST email client (I'm willing to pay now) that supports gmail the best and gets email automatically? (and has support for attachments!)

BTW I'm on palm centro (Verizon)

Thanks!
    Chatteremail
    Attachment support is limited to somewhere in the 70kB range though which kinda sux. Beyond that they are corrupted.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Chatteremail
    Attachment support is limited to somewhere in the 70kB range though which kinda sux. Beyond that they are corrupted.
    Hmm that's a bummer because mine are always bigger than that.
    Yep, it does sux but there's an easy way to deal with it. I setup an aol account and just auto-forward my gmail emails there. AOL imap and chatter work flawlessly together. That's the easiest way around the attachment problems. My smtp profile in chatter is setup to reply with my gmail address so no one knows i even have an aol account. FWIW, I have never noticed a delay from the auto-forwarding either.
  5.    #5  
    Actually I'm trying out snappermail with gmail and it's working perfectly...I might just use this. Not to mention that chattermail costs a LOT of money, way too much for a dying OS

I haven't tested an attachment yet though.
  6.    #6  
    what on EARTH. I have to pay $60 for snappermail with imap support????????

What on EARTH. $60!!! This is a 4 year old OS, what on EARTH! I could buy a brand new PC game for that, with change left over!

WHAT
    ON
    EARTH

anybody wanna give me a copy? >_>
    Ouch, didn't realize snapper was $60. And you thought Chatter at $39.95 was a LOT of money
    You wrote it's working perfectly. If that's important (and I assume it is), it's worth the money.

I've been using Snapper for 5 years. It works great and support rocks. Worth every penny for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    Yep, it does sux but there's an easy way to deal with it. I setup an aol account and just auto-forward my gmail emails there. AOL imap and chatter work flawlessly together. That's the easiest way around the attachment problems. My smtp profile in chatter is setup to reply with my gmail address so no one knows i even have an aol account. FWIW, I have never noticed a delay from the auto-forwarding either.

I just have gmail forward the emails that actually have attachments to AOL, otherwise I use gmail for receiving my email which is actually forwarded from a Yahoo account. I use the Yahoo SMTP server so no one knows I have a gmail and AOL account.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I use Google Apps (Gmail with a custom domain name) with Chatter on my 755 and haven't had any problems with attachments of many megs, Chatter writes to my miniSD and then prompts me to save wherever. It seems like it should be the same for gmail since I'm using the same servers. If you're first setting it up you may as well give it a shot.

I did have to manually configure the connection (user@domain.com, imap.gmail.com, smtp.gmail.com, all security) so maybe there is something in the autoconfigure.

Palm often runs coupons (beta20 may still be in force) so don't pay retail.

-TC
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    same here, i deal with decent sized attachments often and haven't had any issues with corruption. also chatter works with imap folders which is the main reason i use that rather than any other email client
    http://phwelo.mobi
    for any questions or to send a donation: phwelo@gmail.com
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Doesn't SPS Software House make this software?
    I tried Chatter and VersaMail a while back, and had nothing but problems with both resetting a brand new, clean 755 (since replaced). I've been using Agendus Mail SSL edition, which has worked flawlessly for me. It handles GMail, Yahoo, AOL (so it says), and such just fine. GMail and Yahoo require SSL connections, and this SSL package does that.

Oh, and it only costs $25.
    Have been actually using GMail on the native Versamail on my 755p (without the Centro versamail update) and getting IMAP functionality.

Just use the Others Mail server then type in imap.gmail.com and smtp.gmail.com.
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Vidiot View Post
    What's the best one? I'm using versamail right now, and it's pretty lame (I didn't want to pay any money). To get mail I have to go in and manually click "get" and it just isn't that great (no support for attachments either)
    I've been using versamail for about 6 months now. No problems and I even have a Gmail account set up. You can adjust the settings to make it check as close as every 5 minutes if needed.

Take care ..................Greg
    If you guys have a Sprint phone... you can simply download the Sprint Mobile Email App (free!).... That works just great for me! Hotmail, Gmail... I even have my desktop sync my Outlook email as an alternative to Versamail (The main advantage of that being the desktop connetor that comes with it).
    Through the desktop connector, I can even attach files from my desktop while sending emails from my phone... It's pretty impressive....
    Sorry... Just saw the last bit of your note (mentioning Verizon)

But I figured I'd leave my previous note out there anyway for Sprint users...