Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    When i do the off and lock from my phone, I would have expected that it does just that. It does lock the phone from use until I type in the password, but it doesn't shut off anything. If people still call or text, the information still shows up on the screen showing who called and/or what they texted. I'd like it to be where the phone was still on to receive texts, calls, emails (running in the background via Sprint Mobile Email), etc. but for it to showing NOTHING on the screen until I unlocked it. Anyone have any recommendations?
    650 - Custom ROM, TCPMP, PXA Clocker Lite - work phone

755p - Mundu Radio, FileZ, GoogleMaps, LEDOff, MiniTones, LJP, Technician, Sprint Mobile Email. Hacks of Kinoma, Softick Audio Gateway, PocketTunes, NR Deluxe
    hold down the power button until it actually turns off the radios. It'll make a noise and show the Palm logo. No palmOS device actually turns off (short of removing batteries). background apps continue to run. What you can do is turn off the device's radios. and that's done by holding down the power button.
    --Nextel Blackberry 7520 -> Sprint Treo 700p -> Sprint Treo 755p -> Sprint Pre
    If I understand the OP correctly, s/he would like the phone to still be on in order to receive texts/calls/emails...... (just not show/reveal 'who' is calling/sending a text, or what the text says.)

What you could do is use Nexave keyguard. When you lock the phone and a call/text comes in, the keyguard will 'hide' about 3/4 of the screen. The call/text will still come through, but the keyguard will pop up, so that you can't 'see' who is calling/texting. (The keyguard color can be set to be dark or transparent.)

VERY happy user of these GREAT apps:

TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial.
    Also check out the
    TAKEphONE skins , TAKEphONE skins thread

Verizon Treo 755p
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SedahDrol View Post
    hold down the power button until it actually turns off the radios. It'll make a noise and show the Palm logo. No palmOS device actually turns off (short of removing batteries). background apps continue to run. What you can do is turn off the device's radios. and that's done by holding down the power button.
    I know how to power the phone down, thanks. I want the phone to still be on, just nothing to show up on the screen until I unlock it....hence screen off and locked.

755p - Mundu Radio, FileZ, GoogleMaps, LEDOff, MiniTones, LJP, Technician, Sprint Mobile Email. Hacks of Kinoma, Softick Audio Gateway, PocketTunes, NR Deluxe
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Delpita View Post
    If I understand the OP correctly, s/he would like the phone to still be on in order to receive texts/calls/emails...... (just not show/reveal 'who' is calling/sending a text, or what the text says.)

What you could do is use Nexave keyguard. When you lock the phone and a call/text comes in, the keyguard will 'hide' about 3/4 of the screen. The call/text will still come through, but the keyguard will pop up, so that you can't 'see' who is calling/texting. (The keyguard color can be set to be dark or transparent.)
    I installed the app, locked the phone through the security settings, but it still does the same thing. I can still answer the call, see the called ID pop up, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by m5james View Post
    I installed the app, locked the phone through the security settings, but it still does the same thing. I can still answer the call, see the called ID pop up, etc.
    Hmmmm.......... on mine, the guard covers up about 3/4 of my screen, so if a call or text comes in, I can't tell who it's from unless I unlock the phone.

VERY happy user of these GREAT apps:

TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial.
    Also check out the
    TAKEphONE skins , TAKEphONE skins thread

Verizon Treo 755p