1.    #1  
    Originally had dead keyboard issue with phone & ultimaltey did a hard reset. Well since doing that I cannot get the phone to sync. I get the following error message: "Unable to initiate HotSync operation because the port is in use by another application." No other settings have been changed. Any help or ideas would be graciously appreciated. Mike
    try shutting down the Hotsync Manager on your taskbar; then reboot your computer and if the Hotsync Manager has not re-opened itself on the taskbar, find it in programs and open it. Then try syncing.
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for trying. I tried all you suggested to no avail. Still get the same error message.
    I believe that you also are in the same boat is me and another user on here. If you look under the Treo 680 sections for a discussion called "Suddenly No HotSync" you will read about our probles. This issue not only affects my 680 but also my 650.

waltherg22
    3Com Palm Pilot > USRobotics Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm Zire 21 > Handspring Treo 270 > palmOne Treo 650.

Current Device:
    Palm Treo 680 [Unlocked/Unbranded]
    BlackBerry 8820 [Unlocked]

Current Plan:
    O2-UK Simplicity 15 a Month.
    400 texts and 200 minutes.
    I had such an issue on my 650 because of a dirty connector. Maybe you should try cleaning it with some alcohol/needle pin (if it is dirty, that is). Maybe the hard reset is just a coincidence.
    In the post on the 680 sections it states that it works on another one of my pcs so not my connector

waltherg22
    3Com Palm Pilot > USRobotics Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm Zire 21 > Handspring Treo 270 > palmOne Treo 650.

Current Device:
    Palm Treo 680 [Unlocked/Unbranded]
    BlackBerry 8820 [Unlocked]

Current Plan:
    O2-UK Simplicity 15 a Month.
    400 texts and 200 minutes.