1.    #1  
    Hello,

I am having issues with my phone shutting down everytime I try to view or reply to text messages. I have them set up as the chat view but for certain messages I can't do anything. I tried to purge them all and it justs shuts my phone down. I have done a hard reset but it syncs the old messages right back on.

Has anyone encountered this? Please advise because it is just truly annoying now lol

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by mzmochacutie1679 View Post
    Hello,

I am having issues with my phone shutting down everytime I try to view or reply to text messages. I have them set up as the chat view but for certain messages I can't do anything. I tried to purge them all and it justs shuts my phone down. I have done a hard reset but it syncs the old messages right back on.

Has anyone encountered this? Please advise because it is just truly annoying now lol

Thanks!
    1. How long has the problem been happening? Have you installed any new apps?

2. Are the threaded messages from one source or phone number?

3. How many messages do you have on your phone? Have you emptied your sent and trash folders?

You might want to consider doin a hard reset. That might make a difference.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    It sounds like you have a corrupted messages database. Do you care about the messages? If not, try deleting the database for it. If it has only started recently and you perform regular backups (not syncs but backups with something like NVBackup), restore the messages database from the last good version.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks cavingjan. I do not care about the messages and each time I try to delete them all the phones shuts down and will not allow me to do so. I have only synced it once but it was right before I did the hard reset so I think it is loading the corrupted messages back on. Do you know how I can sync everything back on excluding the text messages?
    if you don't want the messages, just go ahead and delete the database for it and let the program recreate it.

Before you do any deletiong, be sure to do a complete backup of your device with NVBackup. Just in case.