1.    #1  
    Whenever I create a new Tasks on my Centro and then Hot Sync it to Outlook, it gets created with an "In Progress" status when I want (and would expect) it to be created with a "Not Started" status. Is there a configuration setting somewhere to define what status it should map to?

I'm running Windows XP Pro SP3, HotSync manager 6.0.1 and Outlook 2003 SP3.

I can't believe no one else has raised this issue/question before but I search TC and found nothing. I also Googled the web and only found the question asked in a few other places but without any answers.

Any thoughts? It just bugs me that I have to always remember to manually change the status once I sync it to Outlook.
  2.    #2  
    67 views of this question so far without a reply. Should I take that to mean that no one else is having this issue?
    I don't think this is an issue w/me but I'll check it out when I get home.
    Good Luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by scheumanrj View Post
    Whenever I create a new Tasks on my Centro and then Hot Sync it to Outlook, it gets created with an "In Progress" status when I want (and would expect) it to be created with a "Not Started" status.
    Same here with mine but it's not an issue for me since I don't use the status feature. I just deleted them off completely once completed.

FWIW: I'm using XP SP3, Outlook 2003 HotSync Mgr 6.0.1. I used Pocket Mirror as a conduit within HotSync Mgr to sync with Outlook.

Soory I couldn't be of any help on settings.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    I have the same problem, although it is not an issue for me. What does matter to me is every time I add an appointment through outlook 2007, it hotsyncs to the 755 with a blank note attached to it. I have to open and delete the note on the treo.

I reported this to palm ages ago, and was told there was no solution. The task issue probably falls under the same category.
    Visit My Blog

My website -- EsquireTech Solutions
    Quote Originally Posted by Esquire1996 View Post
    What does matter to me is every time I add an appointment through outlook 2007, it hotsyncs to the 755 with a blank note attached to it. I have to open and delete the note on the treo.
    Same thing happens to me using Outlook 2003 and Centro. In fact I was about to do a search on T/C to determine if there was a solution.

Tks Esquire1996
    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    Same here with mine but it's not an issue for me since I don't use the status feature. I just deleted them off completely once completed.

FWIW: I'm using XP SP3, Outlook 2003 HotSync Mgr 6.0.1. I used Pocket Mirror as a conduit within HotSync Mgr to sync with Outlook.

Soory I couldn't be of any help on settings.

Good Luck
    Thanks for checking it out for me TurboTiger. At least now I know that I'm not the only one with the issue. Still wish there was a fix for it. Since there isn't a status code on a task in Palm OS, there must be something in the code that assigns it an "In progress" status when it initially creates it in Outlook. It would be great if there was somewhere that you could set the default value for that.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Esquire1996 View Post
    ...every time I add an appointment through outlook 2007, it hotsyncs to the 755 with a blank note attached to it. I have to open and delete the note on the treo....
    I've seen that happen before as well (Centro and Outlook 2003) but it isn't consistent in fact it is very infrequent that it happens.

Thanks for confirming the Task status issue for me.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    The note issue occurs every time I create an appointment in outlook. If it was inconsistent, maybe it wouldn't bother me as much.
    Visit My Blog

My website -- EsquireTech Solutions
    Quote Originally Posted by scheumanrj View Post
    Whenever I create a new Tasks on my Centro and then Hot Sync it to Outlook, it gets created with an "In Progress" status when I want (and would expect) it to be created with a "Not Started" status.
    Yep, confirming the issue, running the same software. I'm not aware of any setting to fix this.

A macro could catch the newly synced tasks and fix the status, but I'm not sure what Outlook event is available to trigger the action, if any. I wouldn't want to run the macro manually after each hotsync. Maybe I'll take a look later if I have a few minutes.
  11.    #11  
    I hadn't thought about creating a macro to catch the event and change the status. I've never done that before in Outlook. It might be a good work around.