Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Palm just showed their new Palm OS (codename NOVA is officially Palm
    WebOS) and new HTC device named Palm Pre.
    It looks awesome!

http://www.palminfocenter.com/news/9...vent-liveblog/
    Tks for the info.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    It's also now on the Palm website as well.

www.palm.com

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    It looks like it is going to be a great smartphone. It runs a web OS my question is will it be backward compatible with the current palm apps?
    Everex Freestyle - Casio E-105 - Palm Vx - Treo 90 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 700p -Centro
    I just found out from Palm it is not backward compatible. Well Palm lied again they said the new palm would be backward compatible. Looks like I will stick with the centro. I have seen those web based apps on the iphone I returned and most are clumbsy and inefficient especially the calendar apps.
    Everex Freestyle - Casio E-105 - Palm Vx - Treo 90 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 700p -Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by jayzee View Post
    I just found out from Palm it is not backward compatible. Well Palm lied again they said the new palm would be backward compatible. Looks like I will stick with the centro. I have seen those web based apps on the iphone I returned and most are clumbsy and inefficient especially the calendar apps.
    Well don't get ahead of yourself, this is only the first of many new devices they are coming out with this year and it is not even the 1.0 software yet. Give it time.
    Ok but here is my question are they going to get bluetooth and voice dialing this time and get it right.
    Treo 680 On ATT
    Hot phone and all, but I wanna get the most out of my Centro seeing as though I got it back in December '08. Maybe when my upgrade comes I'll get it (and maybe then Palm will have another hot device out)
    Nokia American Idol Phone< Motorola RAZR<Nokia Flip Phone<Sidekick Slide<Palm Centro<HTC Snap

Currently Enjoying: Palm Pixi
    Any chance that I'll be able to put webOS on my palm centro? (verizon)

I haven't seen anything about that...but I'm really hoping they'll allow you to put it on the centro as palm os is getting old, and I just plain hate windows mobile
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    I'm really impressed with the Pre and honored to remain a Palm loyalist. I like the direction they are going with the webos and touchstone concepts. I think they are disassociating with the Treo brand because of its public perception of it being outdated. Now they have a fresh start to improve their brand and restore Palm to its former glory and I applaud them for reinventing themselves. Treo 800w and Treo Pro....this is the end of the Treo dynasty.
    It was a fun ride, an unforgetable era!
    Last edited by Felicia; 01/09/2009 at 04:01 PM.
    Unlikely it will be possible even with a bunch of hacking to put webOS on older hardware. The Pre uses an entirely new CPU.
    Quote Originally Posted by detective View Post
    Unlikely it will be possible even with a bunch of hacking to put webOS on older hardware. The Pre uses an entirely new CPU.
    That's pretty lame....
    Everyone is claiming this palm pre is some sort of breakthrough device. Can Apple say "Ripoff"? No wonder Palm got the guy from Apple he brought the iphone with him. I am afraid it is not going to be different enough to take away the market from the iphone.
    However it is the closest anyone has come to immitating the mighty iPhone . All these other iPhone rip-offs are pretty lame, but the Palm Pre comes as close as you can get
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    for me.. MUST be

1. backwards compatible. I have too many years of data - calendar events, memos, todo lists - to bail out on. So, if it is a "Palm" it better be "a Palm". feel me.

2. Verizon