1.    #1  
    What is the largest Mini SD card that the Treo 755p can accept? Can it take a 4gb? or even an 8gb?

thanks
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    I'm currently using an 8 GB microSDHC card from Kingston on my 755p (with a miniSD adapter). Haven't had any problems
    Does your 755p see it as an 8gb card? I was under the impression that you had to load more than 4gb of data in order to the increased amount. I tried it with an 8gb SDHC card, and it wanted to treat it as 2 4gb ones.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Quote Originally Posted by Linds View Post
    What is the largest Mini SD card that the Treo 755p can accept? Can it take a 4gb? or even an 8gb?

thanks
    I think the largest native miniSD cards made were 4gb and were non-SDHC. The specs for the 755p say that 4gb is the largest it will support. However many users report using 8gb SDHC microSD cards with miniSD adaptors with mixed results. Apparently the 755p will see an 8gb card as 4gb untill you put more than 4gb of data on it. After that it reports the remaining memory left on the card. I have tried it myself, and didn't have good results. It said I had two 4gb cards and kept asking me to switch to the other cards. I'm staying with a 4gb card for now.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Is there a specific program that is behaving like that becuase that is different from the way mine acts. It does not ask about switching to the other card.
    Quote Originally Posted by cavingjan View Post
    Is there a specific program that is behaving like that becuase that is different from the way mine acts. It does not ask about switching to the other card.

I was using MMPlayer and trying to watch some movies I had installed. I'm hunting for one player that will allow me to watch .avi, .wmv and .mpg files. So far I haven't found one. Kinoma won't, MMPlayer won't, and I can't find a trial version of TCPMP yet.

tcpmp player
    http: // picard.exceed.hu/tcpmp/test/[/url]
    with a miniSD adapter just fine.

As another poster said on this thread, after you get over the first 4gb hump, the card info app reads it as if it was only a 4gb card. That is, I have close to 6gb worth of data on the card and it is reading it as "1451.0 free of 3496.0 MB"

I used the CardReader app and it read it as 7.4gb and so far I can place just about anything on it through this app.
    Palm 105--->Samsung i-300--->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 300 (still has the best keyboard)-->Treo 755p-->Palm PRE-->Treo 680(unlocked by me)--->iPhone 3G---->iPhone 4---->Hp Pre3
    I have an 8G microSDHC from Patriot. I tried dusing it with the miniSD adapter, and it did not even recognize it. When I went to the CardInfo, it said there was no memory card in the device. What am I missing? Am I supposed to put something (format it in a certain way) on the card for the CardInfo program to recognize it? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
    ouch! not reading it at all? I would say to make sure the contacts on the card are clean and that the card is inserted all the way...I know it sounds infantile to ask you to do this, but that spring-loaded action of the miniSD slot on the treo can sometimes prevent the cards from making contact.

Now if after you do that it still doesn't read it, I don't think you can do much with the treo itself to fix the issue. The card might be a dud in that respect.
    Palm 105--->Samsung i-300--->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 300 (still has the best keyboard)-->Treo 755p-->Palm PRE-->Treo 680(unlocked by me)--->iPhone 3G---->iPhone 4---->Hp Pre3
    does your desktop/laptop read the card ok?
    Just stick with the tried and true original brand San Disk. I have a real micro 8G in a real San Disk adapter and works great. If you have the program "Card Reader" it tells you the proper size installed and you can read the card directly from "My Computor" on your desk top and right click on the drive that shows the card and click on properties, it also shows the proper amount of memory. "Card Info" still shows it as 4G. I thought if you download "Files" found in the app "my treo" under the bonus tab it shows the actual memory but it doesnt. Its a great app to get to the other things on your card that is outside of the palm format and you can make folders and move things around.
    Last edited by gap1200; 02/28/2009 at 04:07 PM. Reason: left something out
    Kyocera 7135, 700p, 755p and waiting for the next one. yehh!! PALM PRE please come to verizon.
    I'm using a Kingston 8gb micro SDHC card with a micro adapter in my 755p without issue except one: Once the card gets close to or beyond the 4GB mark, Docs2Go v10 will no longer sync files because it thinks there is no more memory available. Even if I go over the 4GB mark (I thought D2G would then think it had 4GB left since that's what the Palm operating system thinks) it still doesn't see the other 4GB.

Unfortunately, I can't really find a solution for this because DataViz will only provide email support for the current version of their application, and there's nothing in their Knowledgebase about this problem, so....I'm manually copying files for now. The interesting part is that Hotsync will still allow me to install apps to the card, so I don't know why D2G has a problem with it -- it's obviously not something that Palm OS is passing on to the D2G app.

Every other app so far has worked fine, even Softick Card Export II (just like Card Reader, it turns your SD card slot into a card reader), which reports an accurate capacity and space available. I use Kinoma and an older version of TCPMP (to keep AAC decoding) for watching movies, and they both work without a hitch. I do have a license for MMPlayer, but haven't used it for years since TCPMP came out. I can try it and report back.

Maybe the namebrand of the card does matter?
    Chris
    My thoughts on NVFS: