Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    488 Global Posts
    Ok, I have Nuance Voice Control finally installed on my Centro. I like the capabilities but does everyone else experience the drain on the battery as much as I'm noticing? My battery was fully charged last night before going to bed, and this morning was at 8%. That NEVER happened prior to installing Voice Control. Does it continue to run in the background? Is there a way to disable it? Thanks a buttload for the anticipated responses.
    Quote Originally Posted by miller View Post
    Ok, I have Nuance Voice Control finally installed on my Centro. I like the capabilities but does everyone else experience the drain on the battery as much as I'm noticing? My battery was fully charged last night before going to bed, and this morning was at 8%. That NEVER happened prior to installing Voice Control. Does it continue to run in the background? Is there a way to disable it? Thanks a buttload for the anticipated responses.
    No battery drain and I've "been using" for over a year. Something else has got to be causing your troubles.

K
    Global Posts
    488 Global Posts
    How does one check which programs, if any, are using alot of batttery?
    This thread made me want to give Nuance a try. I like it so far but have a question. Can the sounds that it produces be controlled? The first beep is fine to let you know to speak but the second one when it produces is quite loud. Anyway to turn it off or down?
    Doesn't appear that there is a way to disable sounds. If its bothersome, you could just turn off your volume switch. You still get a vibrate when your volume is turned off.

K
    Quote Originally Posted by nchargreed View Post
    Doesn't appear that there is a way to disable sounds. If its bothersome, you could just turn off your volume switch. You still get a vibrate when your volume is turned off.

K
    Thanks. I didn't even think about that. I have to push a button to wake up the Centro and another to start Nuance. It's not that big of deal to flip the volume switch if needed. I just need to get in the habit of turning it back on.
    Quote Originally Posted by truspark View Post
    ...He also had that app that you could hold up to a speaker and guess the song...
    Freeware: MusicID
    something like voiceit... i think..
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12