1.    #1  
    As many on the web have recently experienced Treo's running the Palm OS stop syncing via EAS when a Godaddy Class 2 Certificate is applied to their mail server. This is especially problematic if it was working fine, and you had to go through a normal renewal. I am currently in this scenario and now have a few dozen non-syncing Palm OS based phones. My iPhone and windows mobile devices are fine.

Has anyone else experienced this? Has anyone found a resolution. The certmod tool is not a realistic scenario for me as I have two dozen remote users. Any thoughts? Does anyone have some decent email contacts at Palm that we can make aware of this?

E
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    I'm still hoping this gets addressed, but I'm thinking that my Centro is EOL and the Pre is the only "answer" we'll get. It's hard to trust that Palm will continue to support EAS if they so easily leave us hanging.
    --Pruitt

IBM Workpad-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Platinum-->Treo 180-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Centro
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    I'm so mad I could spit. But I won't.

I am a recent victim of the Godaddy SSL Cert issue. I just started a new job and was hoping to continue to use my Centro. I used it with EAS at my last job and it actually worked really well (suprisingly).

I have had Treo 600, 650, and now the Centro. Of all of them, I could not be more happy with it. So something had to go wrong and it just did. Serenity Now.

So, I got on the Palm chat today, and the guy said "Sorry for the inconvenience, but it will never be supported in Palm OS". He then also proceeded to tell me that there was no 3rd party application that would work and basically I'm screwed (in so few words).

So, now I have 2 phones, the HTC provided by my work with email and my Centro paperweight until I decide what to do.

I think I may look into a Treo Pro (Windows Mobile) but I hate Windows Mobile. Does anyone know if this is a problem on the Palm flavor of Windows Mobile? I'd hate to drop another $300 on another paperweight.

Thanks for playing.

Dootndo2
    Quote Originally Posted by dootndo2 View Post
    So, now I have 2 phones, the HTC provided by my work with email and my Centro paperweight until I decide what to do.

I think I may look into a Treo Pro (Windows Mobile) but I hate Windows Mobile. Does anyone know if this is a problem on the Palm flavor of Windows Mobile? I'd hate to drop another $300 on another paperweight.

Thanks for playing.

Dootndo2
    The Treo Pro is built by HTC and runs an HTC flavor of Windows Mobile. Not reason it should work any different to the other HTC device you have.
    FWIW, the Thawte 123 certificate I recently renewed from Dotster works very well on my Centro and other Windows Mobile devices.
    Hear more talk about my Centro and other industry news, go to thecellphonejunkie.com for a great weekly cell & smartphone podcast.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    This maybe true, but I can't imagine telling my network administrator that they need to go out and buy a different SSL Certificate so that I can use my cellphone that wasn't provided by the company.

Not sure what they were thinking. I'm still mad.

dootndo2
    Im pretty sure you can get around this by installing all the certs in the chain directly on your palmos device. This KB article on the Palm site has the software and instructions you need.

Darn...cant post links...go to palm website and search for "43375".

-A
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    I tried that and it didn't work. I was told that there is a different RFC that is used to create the SSL certs. Because Palm is not putting any more time into PalmOS, they are not going to fix this issue.

I'm getting a BlackBerry from work. If I like it, the Centro may be my last Palm.

dootndo2