Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    Wife's phone just died. Looking to get a Centro to replace her flip phone. But I don't want to extend my contract or use my 2 year replacement (Its not up for another 5-6 months anyway). I'd just like to purchase a Sprint Centro and do an ESN swap to it. Anyone know how much they are going for buying them outright and not through a store or sprint directly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson View Post
    Wife's phone just died. Looking to get a Centro to replace her flip phone. But I don't want to extend my contract or use my 2 year replacement (Its not up for another 5-6 months anyway). I'd just like to purchase a Sprint Centro and do an ESN swap to it. Anyone know how much they are going for buying them outright and not through a store or sprint directly?
    Check out EBay.
    Yep eBay, Craigslist, or check some cell phone stores. My gas station is selling a few current phones. Seeing that in person made me do a double take Lol
    Nokia American Idol Phone< Motorola RAZR<Nokia Flip Phone<Sidekick Slide<Palm Centro<HTC Snap

Currently Enjoying: Palm Pixi
    Global Posts
    605 Global Posts
    I'd figure $100-$120ish on E-Bay for a decent quality used Sprint version.

Back when Palm was having that big Palm.com post-Black Friday sale, you could buy an unlocked GSM Centro for $200 or I think a brand-new Sprint or Verizon Centro "full retail" for $250.

Of course, given that we might be able to snag a Nova device in 6 months' time my advice would be to get the cheapest possible Centro now, do an ESN swap, and make do with it and hope that something running Nova arrives sooner rather than later. That'll fit the timing of your contract expiration perfectly, I'd think.
    Pilot 1000-->Pilot 5000-->PalmPilot Pro-->IIIe-->Vx-->m505-->T|T-->T|T2-->T|C-->T|T3-->T|T5-->TX-->Verizon Treo 700P-->Verizon Treo 755p-->Verizon Motorola Droid + Verizon Centro--> Verizon Motorola Droid X + Palm TX-->Verizon Droid Bionic + Palm TX
    Got mine, a used ATT. for $96 shipped on ebay - $2.99 for an unlock code also on ebay..$8.99 shipped for a 4 gb SDHC card on ebay...now it's reflashed and with a ROM update, getting rid of nearly all the junk files in ROM, running on T-Mobile. Go Ebay!
    Last edited by shneor; 01/25/2009 at 08:45 PM.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Please keep in mind that Sprint will not activate anything that is not Sprint branded, so an unlocked phone will not work with Sprint.
    True - unlocking is only for GSM phones, not CDMA.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    I just bought at Verizon centro on ebay for $147.50 including shipping. Bit higher than I wanted to pay, but still a good deal overall.
    anywhere b/w 50-100
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Yeah, activating through Sprint is a pain in the ***. Almost as much of a pain as unbranding an ATT phone.