1.    #1  
    I use Outlook 2000 to do everything.

I use MultiMail for Mail, but need to sync Calendar.

Which do people like better to sync: DTG or Pocket Mirror
    I've used DTG for sometime now and have no major complaints. I like it's ability to map user selected fields to the 4 palm user fields. You can even map the business and other address information to the address book. Downside is, you can't edit those fields on the VDX. DTG combines the address information into one field.
    Suggest you try out their trial for yourself.
    Originally posted by BudPritchard
    I like it's ability to map user selected fields to the 4 palm user fields. You can even map the business and other address information to the address book. Downside is, you can't edit those fields on the VDX.
    The same is true of PocketMirror 3.0. If you go into "Chapura Settings" from Outlook. Then select to change the synchronization of any of the Outlook parts, you will find a sub-heading for custom fields. Selecting "help" from that dialogue will give you this link for the names of the outlook fields (http://support.microsoft.com/support...Properties.asp).

This is also where I found how to synchronize with two different PCs - work that runs the Microsoft Exchange Server and home that connects to that Server at work.
    Desktop To Go can also sync catagories in the Address Book. I believe the standard version of PocketMirror (that comes with the Palms/Visors) can't do this, you would have to upgrade to PM Pro.

And if you are on a corporate network that uses MS Exchage, you can sync public folders as well as the Outlook folders.

Also, conflict resolution seems to be better with Desktop To Go. PM sometimes has problems deciding what to do when it has a conflict. I've never had these problems with DTX.
    I've used both DTG and Pocket Mirror Pro and for me go with DTG because of it's interface and backup capability to the Palm Desktop. If you set the conduit up to run with Outlook (by the way it works with Outlook XP even though it's not specific in the literature) it will sync (overwrite actually) the Palm Desktop software. This feature allows me to view my calendar a little easier than the views in Outlook. You just can't make changes in the Palm Desktop and have them absorbed into the handheld.

Bare in mind I'm running a Palm M505 so I'm not sure about running with a Visor.
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.