1.    #1  
    Hi All,
    I've tried to look for an answer to this question before posting, but haven't had any luck, so here goes.
    I've been given a Globetop G33 GPS unit and a copy of Garmin Mobile XT (4.10.30p) and I'm trying to make it work on my Treo680.
    So far I've been able to pair the G33 with the phone (confirmed by a Googlemaps based positioning software) but haven't been able to get XT to work.
    A message on the Remote GPS menu on the settings section says that "Connection allowed to only Garmin GPS device only"
    Is there any hope for me or has this been a well meant gift by the ill informed?
    Thanks for your help.
    TB
    I'm not certain -- I've got a Garmin GPS and XT and they work fine. As I understand it, XT gets its "unlock" code from the GPS (meaning: Garmin's).

However, you may want to check the threads here:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=130560
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    In a nutshell there are/were 2 products you can purchase--Mobile10x GPS hardware receiver from Garmin and the Mobile XT SD card from Garmin (can be used with other hardware GPS receivers or a built-in GPS receiver). The unlock code is tied to the receiver with the former (no .unl files), and to the SD card/maps with the latter (uses sw.unl and gmapsupp.unl key files). This prevents you from buying a non-Garmin receiver and simply downloading Mobile XT from their Web site (which is free) and using the 2 together. Either way you have to pay Garmin...

Now I had an issue in that I purchased the Garmin Mobile10x GPS receiver, and it worked fine. Then I wanted to also use a different receiver (Freedom 2000)--but to do so I would have had to buy the Mobile XT SD card. So I found a way around that (search the Web) and can now use either receiver on my single 680... I still paid Garmin for GPS capability on my Treo, so I don't feel bad about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DougM38 View Post
    Now I had an issue in that I purchased the Garmin Mobile10x GPS receiver, and it worked fine. Then I wanted to also use a different receiver (Freedom 2000)--but to do so I would have had to buy the Mobile XT SD card. So I found a way around that (search the Web) and can now use either receiver on my single 680... I still paid Garmin for GPS capability on my Treo, so I don't feel bad about it.
    Can you be just a little more expansive. I recently purchased a Freedom 2000 as well and searched in vain for a means of accessing Garmin maps, which I am quite happy to buy. (They don't seem to have Palm OS option anymore). I ended up concluding that Where Am I and Google Maps was my best option. Any help appreciated.
    Last edited by johncc; 01/06/2009 at 10:20 PM.