Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    The 755p is great at getting the calls. I use Sprint and formerly Vz. I really think this phone has topped my palm 650 for reception. how about you?
    I agree, I love my phone and have been very satisfied with Sprint's service and pricing for over 6 years. I have friends with Verizon and T-Mobile............ and they are not so happy I have been many places across the country and have not yet been unable to receive or make a call; plus you got to love their data prices.
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    Reception on the 755p is not quite as good as the 700p, IMHO.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    Global Posts
    605 Global Posts
    Reception/voice quality/signal holding on any phone manufactured by Palm that I've ever used leaves MUCH to be desired. A good, solid dumbphone like the ancient Moto RAZR or E815 blows anything from Palm out of the water as far as RF performance goes.

My 755p (and before that, a 700p) bleeps & bloops as it struggles to maintain a signal in places where my CDMA V9m RAZR2 handily has 2-3 bars of signal strength. Pathetic!
    Pilot 1000-->Pilot 5000-->PalmPilot Pro-->IIIe-->Vx-->m505-->T|T-->T|T2-->T|C-->T|T3-->T|T5-->TX-->Verizon Treo 700P-->Verizon Treo 755p-->Verizon Motorola Droid + Verizon Centro--> Verizon Motorola Droid X + Palm TX-->Verizon Droid Bionic + Palm TX
    I'm happy with my phone so far when it comes to receptioin of the phone. Still learning all the capabalities of the smartphone.

Fired00d

Palm 755P
    Alltel
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    It's pointless to have a discussion about reception and judge your service based on that. Reception is dependent on how close your phone is to a cell tower and what obstacles are in your way. When I worked in Austin I was 1 building away from a tower yet my phone service dropped calls left and right. The reason? There was an elevator shaft with steel walls between me and the tower. When I moved to line of sight of the tower... great reception.

The only fair way to judge service is to try a phone (or two) from multiple service providers and use it in the same place.

Oh, and bandwidth also affects service meaning that the more people that are using the phone at the same time, the more your chances of having a call dropped. thorne
    Quote Originally Posted by thornev View Post
    It's pointless to have a discussion about reception and judge your service based on that. Reception is dependent on how close your phone is to a cell tower and what obstacles are in your way. When I worked in Austin I was 1 building away from a tower yet my phone service dropped calls left and right. The reason? There was an elevator shaft with steel walls between me and the tower. When I moved to line of sight of the tower... great reception.

The only fair way to judge service is to try a phone (or two) from multiple service providers and use it in the same place.

Oh, and bandwidth also affects service meaning that the more people that are using the phone at the same time, the more your chances of having a call dropped. thorne
    I disagree. There were plenty of dead spots from my house to my work when I had the 650. After I upgraded there are no dead spots. Hence, reception is way better.

ET
    Quote Originally Posted by dogface View Post
    The 755p is great at getting the calls. I use Sprint and formerly Vz. I really think this phone has topped my palm 650 for reception. how about you?
    My 755p is great at getting calls. I do have some weak spots in my apartment but on the whole when I have a signal I get calls. Not a bit like my 800w that I just dumped. But that's a whole other thread.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    I don't have a problem with signal strength but a crappy voice mic. People complain there is too much background noise. My friends, some of whom have competitor's phones, can make calls with the same amount of background noise and you would never know it. My 700p wasn't any better. Sound quality can be slightly improved by turning off all background apps and a soft reset. But the improvement is only marginal.
    I'm very happy but I can't compare with anything else. I always been with Sprint and never had a drop call.