1.    #1  
    OK, I've now been burned three times buying hybrid headsets that are advertised as being compatible with the Treo 600, but are not. The phone portion works, but you cannot hear music, game sounds, etc. It is especially frustrating, since these are sold through Treo websites!

If anyone has a hybrid set that works, please, please, please let me know the make/model and where you got it. This is so frustrating! Thanks in advance.
    What one's did you buy? did you try any of these?

Tim
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Though this may give you more info...

>The Treo 650 appears to have a hybrid (stereo + microphone) headset
    >available, while the 600 does not. Is this a hardware limitation of the
    >600, or is it a marketing thing?

I looked at one of those, it had a 4 pin jack plug on it (4 separate
    bands on the one prong) whereas the handsfree for my 600 only has 3,
    so it might be a hardware thing.

Phil
    Looks like the Treo 600 had a different pinout then the Treo 650 to the current Centro.

Also if I remember correctly, the Treo 600 3rd party hybrid headsets had a switch to change between Phoen calls and stereo music. Good luck!
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk View Post
    What one's did you buy? did you try any of these?

Tim
    Yes, the first one listed. That's OEM equipment, and it didn't even work!
  5.    #5  
    Though this may give you more info...

Looks like the Treo 600 had a different pinout then the Treo 650 to the current Centro.

Also if I remember correctly, the Treo 600 3rd party hybrid headsets had a switch to change between Phoen calls and stereo music. Good luck!
    Thanks, I also came across that post somewhere, but I think it was just about the difference between the Treo 600 and 650. I know a couple of the units I bought had three bands. The factory earbud has two bands, as does the L-shaped adapter I bought that allows you to plug in headphones separately. So perhaps I should keep an eye out for hybrids with two bands.

Again, though, I am really looking for firsthand knowledge of a hybrid that actually works with the Treo 600. Help, anyone!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotter View Post
    Thanks, I also came across that post somewhere, but I think it was just about the difference between the Treo 600 and 650. I know a couple of the units I bought had three bands. The factory earbud has two bands, as does the L-shaped adapter I bought that allows you to plug in headphones separately. So perhaps I should keep an eye out for hybrids with two bands.

Again, though, I am really looking for firsthand knowledge of a hybrid that actually works with the Treo 600. Help, anyone!
    They are out there. I had one back in the day. But that was 4 - 5 years ago... best of luck!
    The ones I love..

Twittering about
  7.    #7  
    They are out there. I had one back in the day. But that was 4 - 5 years ago... best of luck!
    Nice to know they exist. Please, anyone: make / model, where to buy?