Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I don't like how slippery it feels. What's the best way to add some grip to the phone so it's easier to hold. I'm considering silicone or rubber cases in addition to InvisibleShield.
    Look into Egrips.

I've heard lots of great things about them, you can put them any way you like & they aren't an eyesore & don't add any bulk. I've been planning on ordering some once I get my computer moved into the new house. (which is also why I didn't provide a link, but good ol' Google should do the trick)
    I use egrips (clear) around the edges. they work great and do not add any bulk.
    I've used egrips on my devices for years. Couldn't live without them. I also use egrips on my various tv remote controls and my digital camera.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    +1 for EGrips. Just remember that once you put them on, you won't be able to use a lot of the thin formfit cases out there.
  6.    #6  
    Really? Better than me getting the InvisibleShield or whatever?
    The Invisible Shield gives you a slightly tacky texture, while eGrips give you a rubbery feel.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    The Invisible Shield gives you a slightly tacky texture, while eGrips give you a rubbery feel.
    Ah. I just think I don't want it to feel slippery. Whatever that takes. Cost isn't an issue. I want to get what will work best. If it's eGrips, then I'll give them a try.
    Global Posts
    191 Global Posts
    Egrips are an excellent addition to ANY hand held device!!
    Global Posts
    2,486 Global Posts
    If you are on Sprint you can get the new model Centro and get 128MB as a bonus.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by sfhub View Post
    If you are on Sprint you can get the new model Centro and get 128MB as a bonus.
    I actually looked at it and chose to get the old model. I didn't like the keys on it as much as the keys on the older model.
    Quote Originally Posted by DSGamer View Post
    I actually looked at it and chose to get the old model. I didn't like the keys on it as much as the keys on the older model.
    What's different about the keys?
    TIA
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    What's different about the keys?
    TIA
    they're grippy (rubberized) - and so is the case. i'm totally unhappy with my old centro after typing on that one a bit, i wouldn't have to use my fingernails to type anymore
    http://phwelo.mobi
    for any questions or to send a donation: phwelo@gmail.com
    Quote Originally Posted by phwelo View Post
    they're grippy (rubberized) - and so is the case. i'm totally unhappy with my old centro after typing on that one a bit, i wouldn't have to use my fingernails to type anymore
    I didn't realize the keys were rubberized as well.
    Tks for the info
    the keys on the original centro are rubber. I hate that because you have to press hard on them and there is no feel. if I could put my 800w keyboard on the centro it would be perfect.
    I just got some FlexiSkins from Boxwave (boxwave.com*products*flexiskin*flexiskin-palm-centro_2916.htm - sorry, but it won't let me use a URL, just put slashes in place of the *'s). If you order the jet black ones on the web they cost $0.99 each (plus a couple bucks shipping). I got five just because. It came to less than 15 bucks.

I didn't like the look on the web. They look better on my phone. I have a black phone. I did cut out the section over the silver button row (red, green, 5-way, phone, etc) and I think it looks much better.

More surprising is that for a buck and shipping, you not only get a skin, but a belt clip. Also, the skin is textured rather than "grippy" which gives a similar effect, but feels better.

I was a bit dubious about whether I would like these, but figured I could afford to buy a few and experiment. It turns out that after cutting out the button row, that I like them very much. (I recommend using a sharp exacto knife rather than scissors - I ruined one trying scissors.)

Scott
    Last edited by scottmcgee; 01/10/2009 at 12:17 AM.
    the rubber pads should help
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    I just got my eGrips. The template for the Centro is horrible. The side pieces cover the ir port and the sd slot. I only really need the battery cover and something on the sides down low where I hold the phone so it's ok.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdpuglisi View Post
    I just got my eGrips. The template for the Centro is horrible. The side pieces cover the ir port and the sd slot. I only really need the battery cover and something on the sides down low where I hold the phone so it's ok.
    Yeah I had to do some customizing myself on the sides.

Good Luck.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    Yeah I had to do some customizing myself on the sides.

Good Luck.
    I don't feel like such an ***** then.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast