1.    #1  
    Just got my Palm Centro through Telstra (prepaid) and I have unlocked it so I can use i on another carrier. Everything is orking fine but I was wondering if there is any way to remove the awful telstra branding on the phone (bigpond app, telstra splash screen when switching phone off).

ANy info would be helpful, thanks.
    [Edit: BS removed ] There is a message in this thread Centro Custom ROM from somebody who seems to have done it on a Telstra Centro. I am not sure whether the the splash screen is removed though.
    Last edited by johncc; 12/30/2008 at 06:35 PM.
    Using Skinner on the Centro is an easy way to get a different splash screen when turning the phone on and off. I use the Looney toons splash screen as it looks great on the centro. You can also use Skinner to create a much sharper looking dial pad.

Incidentally, I use by Centro on Australia's Virgin Network with a data plan (cheapest way to go). I am from Adelaide. What network are you using and how do you find the difference in speeds between Telstra and your current one.

I also noted that Telstra Australia is currently offering the white centro on a prepaid plan at over a 100 aussie dollars off. This makes it much cheaper to buy the prepaid and then unlock it that to purchase it off the internet like I did last August.
    Quote Originally Posted by rhlb View Post
    Incidentally, I use by Centro on Australia's Virgin Network with a data plan (cheapest way to go). I am from Adelaide. What network are you using and how do you find the difference in speeds between Telstra and your current one.

I also noted that Telstra Australia is currently offering the white centro on a prepaid plan at over a 100 aussie dollars off. This makes it much cheaper to buy the prepaid and then unlock it that to purchase it off the internet like I did last August.
    I am with Southern Cross (use Telstra's network). No data plan at the moment, although with my current spend a plan with data is probably not so out of the question.

I was tempted by the current Centro deal, although I am not keen on the white one and have some reservations about the keyboard size. I'll see what the January announcment brings.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by rhlb View Post
    Using Skinner on the Centro is an easy way to get a different splash screen when turning the phone on and off. I use the Looney toons splash screen as it looks great on the centro. You can also use Skinner to create a much sharper looking dial pad.

Im going to give skinner a go just after I finish reply, will let you know how it goes.

As for my current network provider I switched to optus pre paid, havn't tested and data speeds yet but i'll post what I get when I do.

Thanks for the help. Cheers.