Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1.    #1  
    I currently have an HTC Touch Pro (I'm on Sprint). I'm starting to find Windows Mobile very cumbersome. Additionally, I'm getting thumb pain in my left thumb. Not sure if this is from overuse or just typing on the Touch Pro. Finally I'm getting finger pain in my index finger, the finger you use to navigate the Touch Pro (which you really have to use since the D-Pad is buried at the bottom and hard to use).

    I'm considering going back to a Centro. I remember the keyboard on it being more cramped, but not as painful. Do I have a fuzzy memory? Anyone else make this seemingly backwards shift?
  2. #2  
    Went back to the Centro because I couldn't stand the slide-out keyboard. I found it impossible to use one handed. I'm looking forward to seeing the Treo Pro on Sprint when it comes out. I think, judging by your statement, that you will appreciate the Centro more when you go back.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
  3.    #3  
    That could be part of the reason for my thumb pain. I'm trying to use the Touch Pro as a phone one handed and it just doesn't work.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    Went back to the Centro because I couldn't stand the slide-out keyboard. I found it impossible to use one handed. I'm looking forward to seeing the Treo Pro on Sprint when it comes out. I think, judging by your statement, that you will appreciate the Centro more when you go back.
    Dumped the Mogul for the same reason...
    Vinnie
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by john_v View Post
    Dumped the Mogul for the same reason...
    Huh. Maybe I'll give it a look, then. I need to have something I can rely on at least carrying a charge for a day. And I need something that operates quickly as a phone first. After that I really just need a Calendar and Contacts.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by DSGamer View Post
    I currently have an HTC Touch Pro (I'm on Sprint). I'm starting to find Windows Mobile very cumbersome. Additionally, I'm getting thumb pain in my left thumb. Not sure if this is from overuse or just typing on the Touch Pro. Finally I'm getting finger pain in my index finger, the finger you use to navigate the Touch Pro (which you really have to use since the D-Pad is buried at the bottom and hard to use).

    I'm considering going back to a Centro. I remember the keyboard on it being more cramped, but not as painful. Do I have a fuzzy memory? Anyone else make this seemingly backwards shift?
    I am currently using a Sprint Centro on one line, and Sprint Touch Pro on another line.

    I have no issues using the Centro keyboard or the full qwerty virtual keyboard on the Touch Pro totally one handed.

    But, I would think that the Centro keyboard would create more "pain" issues for you, since the Centro hard keyboard is lower on the device than the Touch Pro vitual keyboard.

    It could be, that you don't like WinMo and you are looking for a way out. If this is the case, I would recommend going to the Centro....

  7.    #7  
    Went back to the Centro. Fell in love again. I love Palm. I wish they'd hurry up with an update to their OS and stay alive.
  8. gottspd's Avatar
    Posts
    266 Posts
    Global Posts
    282 Global Posts
    #8  
    Had any number of Palm OS Treo's. Went to a Mogul for the WiFi & GPS. I hated it... I switched to a Treo 800. After getting the BIG battery, I'm much happier, but I still plan to get a Treo Pro in order to get the 3.5 stereo jack.
  9. #9  
    Had a Sidekick Slide. Hated the data plans and lack of features it had for the price, but I loved the shortcuts. The Centro is by far my favorite full keyboard phone. I do miss the old Nokia Sprint used to carry that let you create and design the sheets that go over the phone
  10.    #10  
    Yeah, I don't think I'll go to the Treo Pro. I need them to create another Palm OS device.
  11. #11  
    Dumped my HTC Touch Pro after a day of testing. Hate the Windows Mobile OS.
  12. #12  
    My wife recently went from the Mogul (similar to the Touch Pro) to the Centro. Much easier to use and faster! (No more Spinning Ball!).

    I myself do NOT like the slide out big keyboard of the Touch Pro/Mogul.
    Hear more talk about my Centro and other industry news, go to thecellphonejunkie.com for a great weekly cell & smartphone podcast.
  13. #13  
    A bit off-topic but you have to give WM more than a day if you're new to it, jflynn.


    I used slide out keyboards and no they aren't one handed, but they sure make it easier to type if you text and email a lot! The bigger keyboard can be more comfortable and you can actually relax and type, and not rush out a short choppy reply. However if you don't message a lot, maybe it's not worth it.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    A bit off-topic but you have to give WM more than a day if you're new to it, jflynn.
    I refuse to live with waiting for the phone app to come up when I need to place a call, and not knowing how many times I need to press a button before the next menu comes up, which may or not actually even be the menu I'm asking for.
  15. #15  
    Waiting for the phone app to come up? I think that may have been a bad phone. Or you had the Verizon one with reduced RAM.

    As for WM menus, they're like the Windows desktop. Main category first, then a subcategory(and maybe another), then the one you want. Story of Windows, LOL!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!

Posting Permissions