1.    #1  
    Just wondering if I can use a dummy USB port with 5 Volts, or is there more to it? I'm wondering if a USB charger will work with nothing happening on the data connection. Anybody tried it using the sync cable?
    Last edited by Tonylmiller; 12/24/2008 at 05:37 PM.
    Should be fine. I have both a plug and car dc adaptor with a usb connector in it that I use to charge a number of things...
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by hufn View Post
    Should be fine. I have both a plug and car dc adaptor with a usb connector in it that I use to charge a number of things...
    Including your Centro?
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller View Post
    Including your Centro?
    When I was in Aus over Xmas, I found that I couldn't charge my wife's Centro using a standard USB port, or even by plugging it into my Treo Pro's USB charger. I even plugged it into a Belkin USB charger without any luck.

Back in Europe again, I plugged it into our PC at home, and the damn thing charged!

Dunno if it is just because everything is back to front "down under" (PS: I am an Aussie), but I had 0 luck with it when I tried...

Regards,
    Brett.
    Here's what I've found...

My Centro will charge on any USB port that isn't being controlled by the OS. That is, it'll charge off of my ThinkPad when I'm in the BIOS or the bootloader. But, once the OS comes up, there was no driver for it... so it wouldn't charge. (I ended up having to update Palm Desktop to get it to charge while normally booted - and luckily, it didn't break syncing with my Wrist PDA.)
    I charge mine off the Wii usb port all the time when I don't want to wake the wife in the bedroom. As long as you don't hit the HotSync button on the cord, you should be fine. All usb ports, as far as I know, give off the same strength of charge.