1.    #1  
    can anyone tell me how to do this?
    The simple way. Without going to 3rd party software or having an SD card, you can have background wallpaper on the phone and calendar applications. Take a suitable photo with the camera for use as a wallpaper.

Calendar - Menu>Options>Display Options, select Agenda view, check background, tap the image and select an image for the background.

Phone - Menu>Options>General Preferences - select Show Wallpaper instead of Show Dialpad, tap the image and select an image for the background. (The dialpad will re-appear as soon as you type a digit.)

Of course if you have an SD card and go to 3rd party programs such as TreoLauncher and Takephone the options widen substantially and there are many threads on the subject.
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    treolauncher is the most efficient and most similar to the default launcher. i <3 treolauncher
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    Agreed, TreoLnchr Rules!!!
  5. j3n
    Quote Originally Posted by BaDZeD View Post
    Agreed, TreoLnchr Rules!!!
    I have found that keeping TreoLnchr as your default launcher hogs up the battery.
    Quote Originally Posted by j3n View Post
    I have found that keeping TreoLnchr as your default launcher hogs up the battery.
    I haven't noticed any battery problems.
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    No problems here as well. Most of my battery drain problems were linked to SME's push mail option (but PowerHero fixed that)
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    The simple way. Without going to 3rd party software or having an SD card, you can have background wallpaper on the phone and calendar applications. Take a suitable photo with the camera for use as a wallpaper.

Calendar - Menu>Options>Display Options, select Agenda view, check background, tap the image and select an image for the background.

Phone - Menu>Options>General Preferences - select Show Wallpaper instead of Show Dialpad, tap the image and select an image for the background. (The dialpad will re-appear as soon as you type a digit.)

Of course if you have an SD card and go to 3rd party programs such as TreoLauncher and Takephone the options widen substantially and there are many threads on the subject.
    where is munu? i can get to an options screen but there is not general prefs that gives me such an option, by only choice is ok or cancel and the only thing i can change is view by list or icon...
    Quote Originally Posted by detachable_dave View Post
    where is munu? i can get to an options screen but there is not general prefs that gives me such an option, by only choice is ok or cancel and the only thing i can change is view by list or icon...
    Menu = press the Menu key.

You are in the Palm Launcher program. To change that background you need a 3rd party launcher such as TreoLauncher.

My original reference was to changing the background for the Phone application and the Calendar application without any 3rd party programs.
    i just took a pic and from the pplication init choose to set it as background
    Quote Originally Posted by doctorman View Post
    i just took a pic and from the pplication init choose to set it as background
    TAKEphONE is a very stable and functional app. When you have time you should take a look. They have a free trial.

www.shsh.com

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover