Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516 LastLast
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fstopstigmata View Post
    You think my work would use PalmOS .gif files as a valid excuse for some time off? I usually go to bed around 1pm (3rd shift), so I guess that'd be why my schedule usually frees up around then.

I'm thinking the answer will be no, since the formatting chages & indents the agenda when your schedule's free (& you usually just skin, not rewrite)... but do you see a way to override it to always display? I think it makes more sense that way & looks nicer. If not, I can take the disappointment. Just blabbing on with thoughts as usual.
    i was too tired to fix the red phone skin so decided to look around in the calendar app, i don't think i can show that graphic all the time for night and day. just don't know what to look for in the jumble of random characters. :P
    http://phwelo.mobi
    for any questions or to send a donation: phwelo@gmail.com
    How to uninstall the Calendar skin?
    Hah, I was cruising around your Calendar skin & couldn't help but laugh:

Quote Originally Posted by phwelo View Post
    i guess the icon is your notice that it's time to chill out?
    The days with ONLY the light blue diamond are my days without anything important enough to schedule:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...127-140952.jpg

:/
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    Hah, I was cruising around your Calendar skin & couldn't help but laugh:

The days with ONLY the light blue diamond are my days without anything important enough to schedule:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...127-140952.jpg

:/
    so those blue diamonds didn't used to be there?

when i said that before about the icons i meant the moon and sun icons on the agenda screen
    No no, the blue diamonds are my calendar entries for my day off from work. I just posted the screenshot to show how busy my schedule is (which in turn is why I never see the sun & moon). Sorry so confusing haha, shoulda explained it better. =D
    Phwelo,
    Been using that Sprint iphone skin for like two days now and haven;t experienced much resets or anything. Only thing is I can't use the phone prefs or phone info (which I rarely use anyway).
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    figured i should cross post this among forums to make sure everyone gets the info:

i know alot of folks have more than one palm device in the household. I figured out something kind of cool for those of us that text alot to other palms. you can send colored text to them

try sending a message that says //STEREDFONT//test text here

looks like the same applies for //STEGREENFONT// //STEBLUEFONT// //STEGRAYFONT// //STEBLACKFONT// //STEYELLOWFONT// //STEORANGEFONT// //STEPURPLEFONT//

also for formatting: //STEBOLDFONT// //STELINEBREAK// //STECENTERALIGN//

they're a little long so i mapped them using powerdict to some shorter stuff - works well so far

http://phwelo.mobi/fonts0000.bmp
    Hahaha my fiancee's gonna flip when I start texting her in center alignment. Is STELINEBREAK the same as just hitting enter a couple times? & can you do, say, bold and green and centered all at the same time?

EDIT: Yep, just tested it, you can do multiple codes at once, just make sure there's all 4: '////' between each command, not just 2 slashes.

& it looks like linebreak is the same as just hitting enter once, so that one's just not really useful to the average user.
    Last edited by fstopstigmata; 01/28/2009 at 10:39 AM.
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    yeah line break won't be all too useful, i just posted everything in there
    Do the commands have to be capital?
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deibelsan View Post
    i don't know - try them without caps and see
    Quote Originally Posted by deibelsan View Post
    Yes, they do. If you don't, your friends will think you're an *****.
    Happened to me, they asked what language I was writing in.
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    for those of us that text alot to other palms. you can send colored text to them
    This is kind of cool. Not really necessary, but still fun. However, it didn't quite work as I thought it would when I tried it. I sent myself a text message with color code on my Centro, and in the list of messages, the text did show up colored. When I tapped the message to open it full screen though, I saw all of the text I entered meaning //STEBLUEFONT// and text rather than blue colored text. I then noticed that the screen shots here were using chat mode, so I switched that on. When I viewed the message full-screen then, it did show colored text.

So from my test, the color appears to work in the message list (e.g., inbox list) and in chat mode when displaying the full message, but not in non-chat mode when displaying the full message. This might be worth noting, if others can confirm this is how it's actually working.
    Hmm. I didn't know anybody bothered with NOT using chat mode
  16. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    jeez, the agenda view takes it's graphics from other applications :P does anyone actually use versamail? also, does anyone know if there's a way to take mail items from chatter?

and what's this diamond graphic for? i don't recognize it
    I use VersaMail also. It's the only one that works consistently with my settings now that I have it on my new host.
    Yes, they do. If you don't, your friends will think you're an *****.
    Worse, my wife will think she has confirmation that I am an *****.

After playing with this I found you can use it to change the font in the middle of your text so you can start with say blue change to red, bold to higlight a word and then change back to complete the sentence.

Really nice. Of course using it too much appears that you may run up against the character count limit on Sprint phones.
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    Hmm. I didn't know anybody bothered with NOT using chat mode
    And I didn't think chat mode was that popular, so there. But seriously, I tried out chat mode when I first got my Centro, but didn't really like the IM-style format. I guess it's useful if you do a lot of back-and-forth with someone, since it will consolidate your message exchanges, but I rarely do that. I generally prefer to see each text message as its own, separate message. It's easier for me to find what I'm looking for in my saved messages that way.
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    yeah sorry for not testing but I also didn't realize that anyone would purposely not use threaded (chat) mode for sms. didn't even think to try it. unfortunately there won't be a 'fix' considering this is built in functionality, really its just exploiting the method that messaging displays dif colors of text
    Just curious: Happen to know what 'STE' stands for? Something 'Text Edit'? & how did you figure out those codes, anyway?