Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 278910111213141516 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Babywayne View Post
    Phwelo,
    I got a request for a new project. Think you could skin the Calendar app. I know there are apps out there that does this but in line with your concept on changing things without running an app, I think this would be a welcomed addition. If others would like this, please pile on.
    I second this request . If you can't do it I understand though. I can't believe you are doing all of this for free! I'm going to donate some money once I get some extra .
    Not for free, he's actually spending money to keep it readily available via phwelo.mobi. That's why it's very important that everyone donates to keep this project going! & Phwelo definitely deserves a bit of profit on top of that. Plus It'll keep him at it, I'd hate to see him give up on it all in favor of free time ;-)

PS: what exactly do you have in mind for the calendar, BW? I just can't imagine what could be skinned other than the wallpaper, which is already built-in.
    I'm not quite sure specifically what I'd like but I also never thought the messenger app or blazer would need skinning and he came up with something for those. I can envision Icons within the today view, could also mess with the top and bottom bar. I will continue to think about it. Others can also add suggestions. Perfect example here is Blazer, by simply changing the icons and top bar Phwelo makes it look completely different and improved my experience with it. I'm sure he can come up with something for the calendar.
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    lol i never realized i had an option for wallpaper in calendar. i'll make those icons for today view look better and also fix the ... icons at bottom left to integrate better. the white on top of the wallpaper doesn't look right. later though, cause i just got fable 2 (my first new game for xbox in quite some time, traded in basically everything i had to get this lol)
    http://phwelo.mobi
    for any questions or to send a donation: phwelo@gmail.com
    You know, I like you more & more each day, Phwelo? =]

I never display the wallpaper in Calendar cause it really jacks up my font cause I use FontSmoother.. & my font's too darn pretty do disable in such a font-heavy app =] Have a good night!
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    jeez, the agenda view takes it's graphics from other applications :P does anyone actually use versamail? also, does anyone know if there's a way to take mail items from chatter?

and what's this diamond graphic for? i don't recognize it
    Last edited by phwelo; 01/25/2009 at 12:15 AM.
    I use Versamail.. just cause Sprint Mail doesn't have a built-in notification reminder & I don't think it's right to pay for a 3rd party email app on a SMARTphone.
    All I have left on my appearance tweak wishlist is the background color in the Chatteremail and Messaging mailbox views. Then I could finally go for a real high-contrast white-on-black color scheme.

(Oh yeah, and I actually use both Versamail and Chatteremail simultaneously. Worsa for my work inbox and calendar via ActiveStync, Chatter for my personal email via IMAPS)
    Quote Originally Posted by phwelo View Post
    and what's this diamond graphic for? i don't recognize it
    If you are referring the the graphic I think you are referring to, it simply designates that a calendar item is an "untimed" event (which is how you would have put in a holiday, birthday or anniversary in older versions or Palm OS where such things weren't in the contact application). These events always show at the top of the Agenda view and the single day view of the calendar.
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deibelsan View Post
    If you are referring the the graphic I think you are referring to, it simply designates that a calendar item is an "untimed" event (which is how you would have put in a holiday, birthday or anniversary in older versions or Palm OS where such things weren't in the contact application). These events always show at the top of the Agenda view and the single day view of the calendar.
    cool ty!
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    fstop, i noticed a screenshot of the calendar you posted somewhere else, and your calendar shows the bottom left icons as white on black. i'm guessing that's cause they're 1bit graphics the way they're compiled. considering that i guess i shouldn't skin these. are there any other little icons in the calendar app that show as white on black for you using skinUI? i don't want to mess these all up for people with dark backgrounds.
    considering that, back to the drawing board on the calendar app :\
    I'm 95% sure the timeframe brackets in day-view (along the left side, when turned on in the options menu), but other than that & the font (obviously), looks like you're free to tinker away.

& speaking of tinkering, p... You should probably look at this thread when you get some time, I'd LOVE for you to tell me how easy it'd be! :

http://mobile.mytreo.net/forum/index...66135.new.html

I have shamefully fell in lovr with the convenience of this keyboard, but sure as heck don't think $20 is near reasonable for that alone, especially since the landscape feature doesn't apply to the Centro (not that I want it, just that I think that for other devices it's part of the reason for the high price tag). Anyway, blah, blah, blah CAN YOU MAKE ONE SIMILAR?? This one's genuous diamond design makes it very thumbable on tje Centro's screen, you can probably BORROW some influence ;]
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    i think the reason it' so expensive is probably more due to the multi-language support. i can't create anything from scratch really
    Okay, thought it was worth a shot =D

The freeware one I'm using works okay, it just randomly adds '[Demo]' at the end of messages. && I think that's worth putting up with (at least for the time being) to save $20 big ones.

I'm almost done with that smiley set. I'l probably send it today or tomorrow, depending on my getting around to finishing it.
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    posted a first calendar skin. calendar is kinda boring - all there is to change are these itty bitty icons and the moon and sun icons
    You know what? I've always meant to post about this:

My sun & moon symbols only display like half the time. like right now, I've got nothing. & I'm pretty sure the sun always pops up at noon (I'll set me a reminder today to check it).

is that normal? always seemed like a bug to me..

Sorry it's kinda OT, just figured I'd get the best answer from someone who's currently hacking it.
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    seems to me that the icon only posts when there aren't anymore events left for the day. i wanted to see the icon while i was changing it (of course) and it wasn't showing up so i removed the only entry i had left and it showed.

i guess the icon is your notice that it's time to chill out?
    You think my work would use PalmOS .gif files as a valid excuse for some time off? I usually go to bed around 1pm (3rd shift), so I guess that'd be why my schedule usually frees up around then.

I'm thinking the answer will be no, since the formatting chages & indents the agenda when your schedule's free (& you usually just skin, not rewrite)... but do you see a way to override it to always display? I think it makes more sense that way & looks nicer. If not, I can take the disappointment. Just blabbing on with thoughts as usual.
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    phwelo, did you ever get around to fixing the "1" for the red gel skin?
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Felicia View Post
    phwelo, did you ever get around to fixing the "1" for the red gel skin?
    lol i guess i didn't. i can do that pretty darn easily now - i'll try to get to that tonight.