Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. expidia's Avatar
    Posts
    190 Posts
    Global Posts
    740 Global Posts
       #1  
    I just cut the Verizon $45 per month plan that I used on my Treo and put on the $59 per month Verizon unlimited access card broadband plan which I use on my laptop.

    Anyone know if I can put the Verizon access program on my Treo and use a USB connection so I can once again access the broadband network on my phone by connecting to the card?

    I'd like to continue to use the Slingbox on my Treo if possible since I'm already paying $59 per month.

    Thx
    Palm III,V>6035>7135>650>700p (on Vzn), PalmBT Treo Hdset>i-Trek BT GPS>TomTom Nav6>755p
  2. #2  
    Short answer - no, there is no way.
  3. expidia's Avatar
    Posts
    190 Posts
    Global Posts
    740 Global Posts
       #3  
    thx for your quick response.

    Doesn't seem fair for $59 a month does it?

    That's why I only took a 1 yr deal and paid for the card instead accepting their "free" card with their rebate on the card for the 2 year deal.

    I figure due to the competition broadband access will continue to drop in price, so at least I won't be tied to Verizon.
    Palm III,V>6035>7135>650>700p (on Vzn), PalmBT Treo Hdset>i-Trek BT GPS>TomTom Nav6>755p
  4. #4  
    I thought there is 5Gig/month limit on the Broadband access plan?
  5. expidia's Avatar
    Posts
    190 Posts
    Global Posts
    740 Global Posts
       #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamHelberg View Post
    I thought there is 5Gig/month limit on the Broadband access plan?
    There is! But they call their 5 GB a month the "unlimited plan".

    One would really have to use a lot of hours a month to hit 5 GB though.

    I think they said you would have to watch the Slingbox 10 hours a day.

    I don't know how accurate that figure is, but I've never come close to going over. But lets face it if they still had it totally unlimited like it once was there would still be people that would abuse it.

    Still can't believe that since the card is the USB version that I can't somehow use it to access the web with the 755p!
    Palm III,V>6035>7135>650>700p (on Vzn), PalmBT Treo Hdset>i-Trek BT GPS>TomTom Nav6>755p
  6. #6  
    There is no usb input on your 755, which is why you can't use it.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Expidia View Post
    There is! But they call their 5 GB a month the "unlimited plan".

    One would really have to use a lot of hours a month to hit 5 GB though.

    I think they said you would have to watch the Slingbox 10 hours a day.

    I don't know how accurate that figure is, but I've never come close to going over. But lets face it if they still had it totally unlimited like it once was there would still be people that would abuse it.

    Still can't believe that since the card is the USB version that I can't somehow use it to access the web with the 755p!
    I'm wondering why you did not go the other way. You can get the unlimited data plan for the 755p and then connect with PDANet to the laptop?

    I tried this myself but this did not work for me, because I use my laptop and & Treo at the same time. So I got the 5 GB plan for my laptop and the ExpressCard.

    Adam
  8. expidia's Avatar
    Posts
    190 Posts
    Global Posts
    740 Global Posts
       #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    There is no usb input on your 755, which is why you can't use it.
    I thought of that before I asked the original question. There is a cable that allows the USB synching. So I figured I'd ask cause there might be an adapter out there to convert this cable so I could use the Verizon USB card.
    Palm III,V>6035>7135>650>700p (on Vzn), PalmBT Treo Hdset>i-Trek BT GPS>TomTom Nav6>755p
  9. expidia's Avatar
    Posts
    190 Posts
    Global Posts
    740 Global Posts
       #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamHelberg View Post
    I'm wondering why you did not go the other way. You can get the unlimited data plan for the 755p and then connect with PDANet to the laptop?

    I tried this myself but this did not work for me, because I use my laptop and & Treo at the same time. So I got the 5 GB plan for my laptop and the ExpressCard.

    Adam
    Thx Adam. I've already done the Treo and the unlimited data plan for the past two years. Nice for checking email and watching tv but . . .

    in addition to my Treo I picked up picked up the Asus 1000HA ($419 no tax, free shipping). They have gotten so tiny and cheap I have it with me all the time. It's just over 3 lbs with about a 5-7 hour battery life. It's 10 inch screen is perfect. They even have an 8 inch screen on another model. But the 1000hA model has a 160 GB hard drive and it's been perfect for web browsing, email and Slingbox. I've been using this setup a lot more for browsing than I did on my Treo. The card works great. I just figured for the few times I'd like to view tv on the Treo or check my email it would have been nice to get it to work with my $59 plan.

    I'd rather have the Verizon access card than use the PDA for access because sometimes when I really needed the access through the Treo using it as a modem it was slow for web access. I too needed to use the phone at the same time.

    I have to connect to my office workstation to put in orders with this mini netbook which I couldn't do with the Treo and the Verizon access card has never messed up yet..

    Also PDA net wanted too much money to upgrade me to the 755p Version when Verizon replaced my older model with the 755P. I vowed never to give PDA net another dime.
    Last edited by Expidia; 12/19/2008 at 03:37 PM.
    Palm III,V>6035>7135>650>700p (on Vzn), PalmBT Treo Hdset>i-Trek BT GPS>TomTom Nav6>755p

Posting Permissions