Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Just saw this over on the Chatteremail support boards:

As of December 14, 2008, neither Josh nor I are affiliated with Palm, Inc.; therefore, neither of us will be monitoring this board or handling support at the support@chatteremail.com address. What's more, we are not privy to any plans that Palm might have for supporting new and existing customers.

Marc & Josh

http://chatteremailforum.com/index.p...c&t=4720#23489

Thought you would like to know.

Where do we go from here?
    Visit My Blog

My website -- EsquireTech Solutions
    Sorry to hear that. I was hoping to see Chatter's evolution (or its new sibling) into Nova. Palm hasn't really been supporting existing Chatter users anyway...so no change there. Wonder what Marc and Josh are going to do now?
    All for One and One for All!
    Sorry to hear that Marc & Josh. Hopefully, this won't be the last we hear from you. I look forward to using any new products you bring us in the future.
    Wait wait.... Marc jumps ship 4 weeks prior to the launch of Nova? What's going on here?
    - FoleoCentral
    Staying where we are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazpacho View Post
    Wait wait.... Marc jumps ship 4 weeks prior to the launch of Nova? What's going on here?
    Agreed. This sounds pretty odd given how excited Palm supposedly is with what they are announcing. I'm sure Marc's fingerprints are all over the parts of Nova he was working on. Wherever he goes next, I hope he stay in the mobile OS space. If I leave Palm, I may go to the platform he does. iPhone, Android?
    As a loyal Palm user from palm pilots, visors, treo 600, 650, 700, and 755p I supported Palm for a long time. However, this past year, I jumped ship to an iPhone and love it. I got sick and tired of waiting for Palm and see the executive mgmt make stupid decisions. I.e. sell Palm OS, buy Palm OS, try to develop a new OS and kill it, FOOLeo, and now trying to develop Palm OS 2. It was somewhat encouraging seeing some Apple devs and Marc go to Palm. I had to think that Palm was going to do something good. However, with Marc gone, it's just another example that Palm doesn't get it!

Marc could make chatteremail do stuff that NO palm developer could do and with Palm's crappy antiquated OS.

Good luck Marc on your future endeavors. You provided excellent support when I used chatteremail.
    Like others, I have stuck with Palm largely because of Chattermail, which offers features and customization not available on BlackBerry, iPhone, G1 or anywhere else. So, this is a disappointment, but perhaps we'll know more on January 8 when Palm unveils the new OS and (according to BusinessWeek), "the first of a family of products that will run on it." If the new Palm devices have Chattermail-like software, then the wait will be worth it. If not, then the options are (1) stick with the current (inferior) Treo/Centro devices and use (superior) Chattermail, or (2) switch to another (superior) device that runs a different (inferior) e-mail application. Not a good choice, huh?
    Marc is looking at developing a ChatterEmail type program from Android.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazpacho View Post
    The statement does specify whether he jumped ship or whether he was pushed out by the company. There is always the possibility that he was let go due to cutbacks or the company changing their email strategy.
    Marc posted this on the chatter forums:

Hi, all, and thanks for the kind words.

The reason I resigned: My responsibilities had changed enough at Palm that I was no longer enjoying my work, or contributing in a way that I found satisfying. Please note that this should NOT be interpreted as any kind of judgment about Palm, its products (present or future), or the people there; this was very much a personal decision, and I wish Palm well.

Marc
    We are all speculating here. We still don't know for sure whether Nova will incorporate Chatter-like e-mail. It is weird that Marc left a month before CES (even though he stated his reasons). Perhaps we will still be pleasantly surprise. Maybe Marc sold the company he started to Palm (and made some $$$) then worked under Palm to develop e-mail for Nova and, now that it is complete (and because he wasn't enjoying it anymore) he decided to leave.

Either way, until we see Nova, we have no idea what is in store.
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
    I'm not sure this is as big a deal as it seems. I mean, sure I love Chatter, its the best email program I've used on any platform including PC, but I don't know. Honestly, most of the hacks and stuff Marc had to do for Chatter on Garnet will (at least if Palm is doing things the right way) not be necessary really.
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    Marc is looking at developing a ChatterEmail type program from Android.

I plan on getting the Kogan phone next month; and slowly start the transition from Palm and Windows to the Android platform. Skyscape, the company who releases medical programs for Palm, Apple and Windows devices will be releasing their programs for the Android platform.

Here a link for the kogan phone

http://www.kogan.com.au/shop/android...-mobile-phone/

they have one without wifi for Au 299 and has one with wifi for 399.00 Hope to place order for the phone tomorrow, to start shipping January 29th

Had problems with my Bank ATM accepting the transaction (international or Bank ATM card)

Palm has a lot of competition to fend off in the coming months. They should get a few sales with the Treo Pro, Garmin is releasing their phone soon. If the Apple iphone had a physical keyboard I would get it!
    ****in aye -just stumbled across this thread.

I was holding on to the outdated PalmOS due to Chatter....

I will (most likely) be at CES so I will see what Nova has to offer.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I'm not sure this is as big a deal as it seems. I mean, sure I love Chatter, its the best email program I've used on any platform including PC, but I don't know. Honestly, most of the hacks and stuff Marc had to do for Chatter on Garnet will (at least if Palm is doing things the right way) not be necessary really.
    Chatter is possibly the best email on any smartphone, not just the best Garnet email client.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    I just noticed that the site, www.chatteremail.com is no longer available on palm's new site.

Very interesting.....
    Visit My Blog

Is there still a way to get the Chatteremail program?
    On your treo, go to get.chatteremail.com. But I don't know if there is a way to buy it new if you don't have a code already.
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
    I don't have a code already, bummer.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    If you search on the palm web site for chatteremail, it will come to the software page to purchase. Says support is by palmgear now (if memory serves).
    Visit My Blog

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast