Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    UPDATE - I called Verizon who called Palm and Palm said there is no difference between the 2 versions. Palm said that when Verizon came out with software update 1.08, it was to coincide with hardware Rev B.

I have to make a choice between two 755p phones. One has hardware revision A, the other B. Does anyone know the difference between the 2? What I mean by "Rev A" is what you see when you enter #*#786# on a Verizon phone.

Thanks. thorne
    Last edited by thornev; 12/15/2008 at 04:09 PM.
    On these forums, I have read that some people have had better luck with Rev B. That is not to say that there aren't some perfect As and bad Bs, but the impression I got was that, overall, the Bs were a bit better. I have six 755ps in circulation at my office and I have had both problems and no problems at all with both types.
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
    rev b's are physically faster at doing things like changing applications. I did a fresh test after hard resetting my rev a and my dad's rev b, and his pwned my 755p badly. that being said it doesn't have any extra features, it just tends to work faster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Contradude View Post
    rev b's are physically faster at doing things like changing applications. I did a fresh test after hard resetting my rev a and my dad's rev b, and his pwned my 755p badly. that being said it doesn't have any extra features, it just tends to work faster.
    is there a way to ugrade from rev a to b?
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Find a distributor of refurbished 755p's and ask to swap for a Rev B? thorne
    I just got a replacement from Palm for a Verizon 755p where the camera developed a serious case of myopia. The replacement unit is Hardware revision B with the 1.08 ROM pre-installed.

So far I'm finding this Treo a little perkier than the unit it replaced.

Of course, it could be my imagination, and there could have been other things wrong with the Rev. A phone it replaced besides the camera.

Harold
    Mobile lawyering since 1988: Seiko --> Sharp Wizard --> Sharp Zaurus --> Palm III --> IIIx --> Vx --> m515 --> T|2 --> T|3 --> T|X --> Treo 755p --> HTC Droid Incredible