1.    #1  
    Hi there,

I saw the coolest application on another device this weekend: A small application that just prompts the user for a "search term" and then afterwards launches the browser with Google for that search term.

I found it extremely handy - not necessary to wait for the GPRS, nor the need to break (/wait for) the default homepage, and then having to find the Google bookmark, etc, etc...

Does anybody know if this small application exists for my 680?

// Egholm
    Last edited by Egholm; 12/15/2008 at 04:10 AM. Reason: Enabled e-mail notification :-)
    there is a cool app on the iPhone where you can speak your search words, voice reconition. If they have it for the iPhone the have to have it for win mobile. Now as for you and the Palm OS I don't know. I'll see if I can search for it.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    I know of 2 apps that do this for Palm. One if Genius! by Hobbyist Software and the other is TAKEphONE by ShSh Software. The search function is integrated into TAKEphONE, but is a stand-alone app in Genius. You can download and add many predefined searches for Genius once you purchase the app. I have both of these apps, but tend to start most of my searches with Genius.
    How does Takephone allow for this? I have and use TP and would like this feature.
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetfreak View Post
    How does Takephone allow for this?
    Menu/I for Internet Search. You can also assign it to to an i-Bar button.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott_L View Post
    I know of 2 apps that do this for Palm. One if Genius! by Hobbyist Software and the other is TAKEphONE by ShSh Software. The search function is integrated into TAKEphONE, but is a stand-alone app in Genius. You can download and add many predefined searches for Genius once you purchase the app. I have both of these apps, but tend to start most of my searches with Genius.
    Oooh, thanks! I will look at Genius at once!

// Egholm
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Egholm View Post
    Oooh, thanks! I will look at Genius at once!
    Yes yes! That was exactly what I wanted! Thanks!

// Egholm
    Also take a look for "Moxy" for PalmOS (google 'palm moxy'). Sounds exactly what you want, and it is freeware. I use it daily, makes browsing the web w/ a Treo no problem.
  9.    #9  
    tannenba,

Yes indeed, this does the job! And not alone is it free (although I would happily support Hobbyist Software), it also handles my national characters correctly!
    Thanks!!

// Egholm
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    I suppose I'll have to give that one a look as well. Thanks tannenba.