1. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    Ok so I have been looking around for the "perfect" listmaking program for about 2 months now...ListPro..etc.

What I NEED is a program that makes several kinds of lists..."nested" lists with "child lists" from a main one...checklist-like to-do style, and just regular lists that I can well...list things, like what I ate that day and what I spent that day...

I can't find one that seems to do all those things. It seems, well from what Ican find about them anyway, that they either do all checklist style or all nested style. or whatever...so...anyone have any recs of something that covers all of the above?

Free, Share or Payware, as long as it's stable and won't conflict with what I already use or cause any reset issues. And can be backed up with NVBackup.
    Bonsai by Natara software. www.natara.com

I LOVE it. It should do everything you want.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
  4. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    Awesome! Thank you both! One more question though: Do either have any known software conflicts?
    I have tons of apps on my 700 (with the 755 update to it) and Bonsai doesnt conflict with any of them. Also Nartara's support is amazing. They actually will talk to you when you call!! They are very good on e-mail as well.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    i'd throw in for handyshopper:

http://home.comcast.net/~chrisant/hs3/hs3.htm

not sure if it meets your "lists within lists" requirement, but it does let you do something that i think is similar... supposed you have a database called "food shopping" within that you can have "walmart" "harris teeter" "food lion" "<regional grocery store here>"

so that you can assocaite your various shopping items with a particular store, but still have an overall list of groceries.

has a really nice "one handed" mode (no stylus needed) and lots of other customizability.

(i have no association to it other than having used it for about 5 years, since my kyocera 6135)
    My vote's for your original suggestion of ListPro. I can't live without it.
  8. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    Do any of these do non-checkmark/task-style lists as well? Some lists that I make I don't want task/outline style.
    I've been asking ListPro (Ilium Software) if and when they will make ListPro have a true sync (record by record) on the WM platform for a long time now. They said about 2 years ago they would work on it, and still no go. I love ListPro, but am tired of not being able to update my lists on the device *and* the desktop because it will generate a conflict and you have to choose which list you want to overwrite the other. (They rely on Active Sync's file sync only). I refrain from doing any updates on the device and only do updates on the PC desktop ListPro, since you risk losing updates if you happen to make changes on both the device and the desktop before the next sync. Too bad they don't work on that. It's a good program, does exactly what I need, but they seem to have dropped most if not all interest in updating it. Version 5 has been out for I think over a year now. And they only make small changes in new versions that I can tell. I keep checking their website hoping they made some changes, but none have been made in a long time.

Glad you posted this thread. I will look at the others mentioned here.
    Last edited by mharpen; 04/21/2009 at 10:59 PM.