Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Oops - looks like the mistake was mine. OFE works fine on my 755p. I was foolishly testing it on the URL entry field, and the instructions clearly say that OFE only applies to the large text entry box that Palm puts up.

Here's a pointer for using OFE:
    In Opera Mini (4.1), under Tools -> Settings, make sure to uncheck "Auto-complete address input"

Then you can copy and paste URLs easily with OFE.

Conrad
    My testing has revealed a small issue with OFE though:
    It is _very_ slow. Using PalmInternals to test what sort of impact OFE has on the performance of the the Treo, OFE takes 53sec to perform 10000 keystroke operations. TextPlus takes 4sec by comparison, and it's a very slow application. The PalmInternals speed test really only measures the impact of applications that listen for 'hede' notifications, and measures how long it takes for those apps to process each notification. I'm not sure how much of an impact OFE will have on the performance of a device, but I'm certainly hopeful Henk will have a chance to optimize the application in the future. It's been a really helpful app so far, and one I plan to use a lot.
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    been testing this app, seems cool but you cant dial phone numbers from Opera like you can from Blazer. Once you install operafrontend, you can't open blazer anymore. It is very promising though.
    I never give much on these keystroke tests. In fact OFE is hanging there and capturing events. Something I will limit on Opera running for the next update. Also I hope I find a way to call blazer. I'm a bit busy right now, but I'm sure I find the time during the holidays.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    After uninstalling OFE, Blazer is no longer defined as the default app for URLs. In fact, in the system preference panel "Default Apps" the dropdown list for "Browser" only lists "<none>".

Update: another soft reset fixed it. I reset twice, but the third time it was fixed. Not sure why.
    Last edited by Conrad; 12/18/2008 at 11:41 PM.
    I've reinstalled OFE, but I can not get it to stop forcing itself as the default URL handler. Despite the fact that "Default for Web" is not checked, every time I look at the Default Apps system preference panel, OFE is selected as the Browser. Even if I choose Web, it reverts to OFE the next time I look.

How do I get OFE to stop taking over the URL handling MetaView?

Thanks,
    Conrad
    Delete the OFE application file using a file browser OR uninstall OFE (it might also delete your Blazer's bookmarks and stored cookies) and perform a soft reset. That's all.
    Hi, I've released v1.1 of OperaFrontEnd. It allows you now to chose between Opera Mini and Blazer each time it's called from outside. Means, you can use Blazer if you need it for downloads or for compatibility issues with some websites.

Read more about it here:

http://metaviewsoft.de/wordpress/?p=213

Best regards
    Henk
    What is the point of this app if it can't transfer the urls to Opera? Or can it I haven't been able to figure it out.
    Everex Freestyle - Casio E-105 - Palm Vx - Treo 90 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 700p -Centro
    As long as the URL doesn't include a ? sign, the URL is feeded automatically as it just happened with the URL of your posting in the email I've got.
    If the URL contains a ? sign the feeding isn't possible but Opera Mini is launched and the URL is in the clipboard for later pasting. Something which doesn't work without OFE.

Regards
    Henk
    I don't think mine is working right. When I clicked on the url link from this treocentral email. It went to Opera but it pasted this:

http://www.iscussion.treocentral.com...-new-post.html

instead of this:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/pa...-new-post.html
    Everex Freestyle - Casio E-105 - Palm Vx - Treo 90 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 700p -Centro
    It looks like that Opera Mini takes too long to startup on your device. Do you use the most current version (1.3) of OFE?
    Yes, I have the most current version of both opera and OFE. In Prefs, under java pref I have it set to use double buffering and high resolution coordinates with 4mb memory max and 32kb of java thread stack size. In Opera set to image quality low font size medium and mobile view. Appearance I have set to show overview and visual effects. In OFE I have all three boxes checked.
    I really don't know why its not working.
    Because startup takes too long. Startup time depends on the very system, the free memory, the background tasks etc. Seems I need to add a way to adjust the timeout before the URL is feeded to make it run on your device.
    If the URL contains a ? sign the feeding isn't possible
    So there is no way around the ? thing? I have most of my sites optimized with google mobile and every url has a question mark in it.
    Hm, it's not really possible as long as you can't enter a question mark usingthe keyboard in the small text input field. I might try to test to bring up the big text entry box, but this are more things which could go wrong...
    Quote Originally Posted by jayzee View Post
    So there is no way around the ? thing? I have most of my sites optimized with google mobile and every url has a question mark in it.
    you might want to consider optimizing through MobileLeap.

Just add "mlvb.net/" before every url
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12