Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    I've played with Lightspeed for a few days now and frankly I don't see much difference in app launch performance when I've overclocked, say zLauncher, to over 520. Am I missing something? Does the speed increase not occur until AFTER the app is launched? thorne
    Don't expect to see faster launching times or faster times while switching apps since it has to change the clock speed based on which app is open. In fact it may even be slower in these scenarios. You'll primarily see the most gain when running resource intensive apps such as slingmobile, documents to go, tcmp, kinoma, LJP, etc...
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    That's interesting. When I was using PXAClocker on my T3, I thought I observed faster app launch times. thorne
    I've had really good luck with Lightspeed - although I have a few apps that I can clock higher than 208/520, i use that setting as the max, and I go no lower than 208/416 which is just a hair high than the default 208/312 of my 755p.

The first time you use it after a deep sleep (about 10min), the first app will only operate at 208/312 which is the default for my 755p. After that it will run at the selected speed that you set it for per app.

If you do a search, I posted the settings I use that works for me, and may be a good starting point for you.

Good Luck.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    I'm testing Lightspeed right now and find it does help WITHIN the apps I hoped it would. I run Blazer, Google Maps, RescoBackup, and TAKEphONE at 416 for a little extra kick. I bump to 520 for DocsToGo and ProfileMD. It may seem silly to some to boost TP like that, but it makes the search function much more responsive - and I use it heavily.

I found overclocking apps were more noticeable overall on my pre-NVFS devices. My already fast T3 screamed when pushed to the limit! Another factor that might be holding me back is that I ran as many apps as I can from my microSD card. Though it's labeled as a Class 6, it's far slower than my old Extreme III SD cards in my TX. I don't know if Lightspeed can help that any.

I'm undecided whether it's worth the money for what it's doing for me. I already own Warpspeed and PXA Clocker, but WS doesn't work on my 755p and I bricked a device w/PXA so I shy away from it - though using it within reason should be safe. I still prefer a more updated app and that leaves only Lightspeed. I it were to go on sale (for say, $9.95) as many other products are then I would grab it. BTW, I would have gladly spent $20 on it a year or more ago, but until I see if Palm OS is going to survive or not I have to stop buying apps unless they are an extreme bargain.
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Thanks for the feedback. Since I'm a paid subscriber to PXAClocker, I installed that and will likely stay with it. thorne