1.    #1  
    Can either Versamail or Chatter actuall sync with Outlook?

For example...

If I send an email on my 700P, will that email sync with my Outlook and show up in my sent folder in my Outlook on my desktop?

Id be willing to purchase Chatter if it will do this when I hotsync.

Thanks guys!
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    I'm guessing your stuck in the POP mindset of thinking. If you use IMAP connections with Chatter and Outlook then I think you'll get the results you desire.

If you use IMAP then the server is what everything syncs with. Unlike POP where Outlook typically downloads the entire message and possibly removes it from the server.

For example I have Outlook, Chatter, and an AOL account. I access the AOL account via IMAP with both apps. Whenever I send and email from Chatter I have it setup to copy the email to the Sent folder in my AOL account. I have the same setup in Outlook. This way I always see every email no matter where it's sent from. Including the AOL web interface. The thing to keep in mind is to create folders on your email server and organize your emails there instead of downloading the emails and creating local folders in Outlook (if you want' to be able to access them from Chatter too). It's a paradigm shift from the old POP way of doing things.

Edit: It doesn't have a hotsync conduit. As long as you use the email server as your point of reference then Outlook and Chatter will always be in sync with each other.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    I'm guessing your stuck in the POP mindset of thinking. If you use IMAP connections with Chatter and Outlook then I think you'll get the results you desire.

If you use IMAP then the server is what everything syncs with. Unlike POP where Outlook typically downloads the entire message and possibly removes it from the server.

For example I have Outlook, Chatter, and an AOL account. I access the AOL account via IMAP with both apps. Whenever I send and email from Chatter I have it setup to copy the email to the Sent folder in my AOL account. I have the same setup in Outlook. This way I always see every email no matter where it's sent from. Including the AOL web interface. The thing to keep in mind is to create folders on your email server and organize your emails there instead of downloading the emails and creating local folders in Outlook (if you want' to be able to access them from Chatter too). It's a paradigm shift from the old POP way of doing things.

Edit: It doesn't have a hotsync conduit. As long as you use the email server as your point of reference then Outlook and Chatter will always be in sync with each other.

Right thanks....

I cant and wont switch this account. My provider doesnt offer IMAP and I dont want to switch email addresses. So yes Im stuck with the "old" POP3 way of thinking.

So the answer to the actual question then is no? Chatter wont sync to Outlook then right?
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    That's correct. Have you thought about forwarding your email to an account the supports IMAP? This is what I do with my POP only accounts.