1.    #1  
    Is there any way to increase the number of messages that are saved? i.e., I don't want my phone to delete any of the messages that I've sent/received in the thread because I want to keep them.
    Why do you think it deletes the messages? I've never known it to do that, without selecting purge or delete.
    Palm OS allows for a maximum of 300 saved text messages (this includes both sent and received messages). Once the 300-message limit is reached, it will automatically begin to delete the oldest ones.
    I'm not sure if there is a way to override this behavior, though...
    Must be a Centro thing. I have 2117 sent and 129 in the inbox on my 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by hockey View Post
    Palm OS allows for a maximum of 300 saved text messages (this includes both sent and received messages). Once the 300-message limit is reached, it will automatically begin to delete the oldest ones.
    I'm not sure if there is a way to override this behavior, though...
    I have 694 sent messages on my Centro, and I purge every few weeks. On the Centro, it has a link at the top of the individual chat thread to view older text messages. Are you saying that that log only holds 300? I loaded the log and then counted almost 400 messages in one thread. That is just one thread out of 44 threads I currently have. And like I said, I purge once in a while.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    i have 244 inbox and 942 send and couple draft on my centro 64mb ver...
    Hmm, it's possible that the Centro may not have this limitation. I know the 300-message limit has been discussed here many times (a search should bring up the threads). Personally, I don't know if my 680 has this limit, because I always purge every week and so I never hit the 300-message limit (assuming it exists!).
    Apparently it's 300 per contact (= addressee) according to Treodesktop, who in Sept '07 claimed to have worked on the SMS code.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...05&postcount=4
    Last edited by johncc; 12/10/2008 at 07:04 PM.
    As I said above, I have one thread with almost 400 messages. If you go to the top of the thread, it says "view older messages." It seems that this will load them from a log, but it appears that there is some sort of limitation/date for this log. Although the logs went back a few months, they did not go back longer than about three months. So, it seems there is some limitation, but not necessarily 300 messages.

To maybe answer the OP's question, there is an option to copy a message to the Saved Folder. I don't know how long that would stay there, but maybe it would not get deleted from there.
  10.    #10  
    Yeah, but that's somewhat of an active solution - I obviously don't want to have to save every single message on my phone. I would prefer the 300 message per contact limit to just go away