1.    #1  
    Hi everyone,

My Treo 755p will not charge?? I just picked up a replacement 755 b/c my old one had an issue with the vibration. So I just picked up a refurb from Sprint and this one has an issue charging. It won't charge!

Has anyone seen this before? I'm going back to the store to give them a piece of my mind tomorrow. til then I'll be using my Treo 800w. Good thing I didn't sell it right away.

Tim
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    What are you charging it with?
  3.    #3  
    the OEM wall charger
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Global Posts
    637 Global Posts
    Try more than one wall outlet - and make sure its plugged in. Otherwise it may be bad, but i doubt that.
  5.    #5  
    I tried two wall chargers (mine and my g/f's 700p charger) and a Palm Car charger. Nothing works, I'm just going to head to a Sprint store and hope I don't knock someone's head off.
    The ones I love..

Twittering about
    how bout the usb/sync cable? let the computer charge it
  7.    #7  
    Three chargers, two batteries, and 3 hours of wasted time later they did what I asked them to do in the first place, replace the bad refurb 755p. I could have killed Sprint for all of my time they wasted. Some times I really miss that T-Mobile service
    The ones I love..

Twittering about
    Sprint has THE worst customer service. It's the main reason I left them. Wasn't the phones, they had good phones. Wasn't the signal, always had good signal. It was the people that worked for them, and I know it's not all of them just most of them. IMO worst customer service of any company I have ever dealt with and my health insurance company right behind them.
    Nothing like having a great sprint store. These folks jumped over backwards for me regarding the last incident I had with my Dad's phone. In Houston where I live, I have not had this experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk View Post
    Hi everyone,

My Treo 755p will not charge?? I just picked up a replacement 755 b/c my old one had an issue with the vibration. So I just picked up a refurb from Sprint and this one has an issue charging. It won't charge!

Has anyone seen this before? I'm going back to the store to give them a piece of my mind tomorrow. til then I'll be using my Treo 800w. Good thing I didn't sell it right away.

Tim
    I suspect you were a victim of the dreaded drainage disorder (made up name; real condition). Here's a thread about it.

When I've experienced it (and in fact I still experience it - though rarely - with my current 755p) battery life drops like a two dolla... nevermind. Anyway, I usually try to switch batteries (I own two) and charge the low one in a charger - not a phone.

The times that it's happened repeatedly overnight, I take the battery out or turn the phone, data, and Bluetooth off. That usually seems to do the trick, as long as I catch it before it gets too low.

G'luck.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  11.    #11  
    I wasn't going to put up w/ it. I drain my battery down to nothing close to 4 days a week. If you have this issue why don't you get the hardware replaced? seems like a bullsh*t problem w/ a half@ss solution.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk View Post
    I wasn't going to put up w/ it. I drain my battery down to nothing close to 4 days a week. If you have this issue why don't you get the hardware replaced? seems like a bullsh*t problem w/ a half@ss solution.
    I've replaced my hardware multiple times. I think it's inherent to the model, not just specific units. It can easily be missed, depending on how one uses the Treo, so it's probably more widespread than one might think.

But whatever. Good luck.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Global Posts
    221 Global Posts
    Have you tried doing a soft reset while the phone is charging? This resets the charging circuit also. My 755p refuses to charge occasionally and this always corrects the problem.

Good luck...
    Sam Martin - Paris,TX
    Palm Pre(v.1.4.1.1) - Sprint - Standard Battery - Touchstone -Motorola HT 820 - Motorokr S9-HD - Jabra BT8040 - Jabra BT530 - Jawbone Icon - Jabra Cruiser Bluetooth Speakerphone