Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Is there a universal method of backing out of deeply nested dialogs using a single button, perhaps a programmed button? For example, if I go into the Phone app and I've selected all sorts buttons to get deep into, say, editing an entry, and I want to back out screen by screen using a button without saving anything, is it possible? Many apps don't have Exit or Cancel buttons. Thanks. thorne
    The edit in the Phone app has an undo function, other than that once you've made your change it's done. In Palm OS you don't explicitly close a program, you just start another and the previous one gets closed for you.

Adam
    Quote Originally Posted by thornev View Post
    Is there a universal method of backing out of deeply nested dialogs using a single button, perhaps a programmed button? For example, if I go into the Phone app and I've selected all sorts buttons to get deep into, say, editing an entry, and I want to back out screen by screen using a button without saving anything, is it possible? Many apps don't have Exit or Cancel buttons. Thanks. thorne
    Just hit your phone button and it will take you to your main screen provided those buttons aren't programmed into the app you are using. Once you hit the phone button, the Palm software 'exits' the software and shuts off the process (unless it is an e-mail program, in which options are embedded into the program)
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products