1.    #1  
    not a big deal, but it seems that my Sprint Centro Batterty Indicator is always at 99%. i always keep it charged but after using it for a few hours it still says 99% - it never drops below 99%! soft resets et.c do no good. either i've got a super battery or the indicator is incorrect.

could it be a third party app?

i have these apps installed -

1. BackupBuddyVFS Professional
    2. FileZ
    3. Google Maps
    4. HolidayUSA
    5. Invisible
    6. Zagat To Go
    7. Documents To Go Premium
    8. dbScan
    9. ClipPRO
    10. SoftReset
    11. Time Flow
    12. VolumeCare

also, i have the latest Sprint ROM update installed and i let the network automatically set the time.

anybody else experience this? solutions? thoughts?

thanks!
    I have the unlocked GSM Centro and have only seen the indicator go below 99% once, when I forgot to turn the phone portion off in a factory where I had no reception for 12 hours. I think the Centro has the battery the Tungsten E needed.
    "Yeah, he can talk. It's gettin' him to shut up that's the trick!"
    -Shrek
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    not a big deal, but it seems that my Sprint Centro Batterty Indicator is always at 99%. i always keep it charged but after using it for a few hours it still says 99% - it never drops below 99%! soft resets et.c do no good. either i've got a super battery or the indicator is incorrect.

could it be a third party app?

i have these apps installed -

1. BackupBuddyVFS Professional
    2. FileZ
    3. Google Maps
    4. HolidayUSA
    5. Invisible
    6. Zagat To Go
    7. Documents To Go Premium
    8. dbScan
    9. ClipPRO
    10. SoftReset
    11. Time Flow
    12. VolumeCare

also, i have the latest Sprint ROM update installed and i let the network automatically set the time.

anybody else experience this? solutions? thoughts?

thanks!

Same here. On my Centro, the max it reached is 99%. Even when the device is charged until the indicator turn green
    My Sprint Centro charges to 100%, and the indicator loses power throughout the day. You say you have FILEZ, does it also never show your battery dropping below 99%? Or is it just the default battery indicator that is the problem?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by deibelsan View Post
    My Sprint Centro charges to 100%, and the indicator loses power throughout the day. You say you have FILEZ, does it also never show your battery dropping below 99%? Or is it just the default battery indicator that is the problem?
    both never drop below 99%.
    My Sprint Centro reaches 100% each time I fully charge it. I also get a 100%
    reading using fileZ.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  7.    #7  
    it's the never DROP BELOW 99% that is questioned here.
    Hi

Have you ever tried to put a different battery in it?? I think that you have a hardware problem and will probably need to take it back to sprint.

George
    I don't think it's a problem. I think it's a properly-sized battery for the device.
    "Yeah, he can talk. It's gettin' him to shut up that's the trick!"
    -Shrek
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    it's the never DROP BELOW 99% that is questioned here.
    My fault for not reading thoroughly. I assumed you guys were talking about the other problem some have with the battery indicator never getting to 100%.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by GHMacDonald View Post
    Hi

Have you ever tried to put a different battery in it?? I think that you have a hardware problem and will probably need to take it back to sprint.

George
    The idea is to find out which is causing the problem: The battery or the Centro.
    My guess is that it is the Centro and you will need to take it back to Sprint.

George
    I don't know what to tell you. I am also running the newest Sprint firmware and have many of the same apps you do. When you say you have tried soft resets, etc. I assume you have also tried a hard reset and going a day or so without loading any 3rd party apps to see if changes?
  13.    #13  
    i think i resolved this. solution - use the centro and don't charge it and let the battery go all the way down to zero to shut down. you want the battery warning and then the auto shutdown due to zero battery. then charge it all the way back up to 100% and you should be good to go. this worked for me. i had never let the battery run down and although it is lithium, it may need to calibrate via rundown. reply and let me know if it works. good luck.