1.    #1  
    Just got a Centro on Verizon. I noticed that the screen/display is crooked in the phone's housing. The touch screen the way its set in the phone casing seems to be ever so slightly off a perfect 90 degree angle compared to the casing and i think it might drive me crazy. Is there a fix short of exchanging it? Or has anybody even heard of this prob?
    Global Posts
    2,486 Global Posts
    It's just the luck of the draw. A lot of them are slightly rotated counterclockwise. The degree varies. Most of the time it is minor. If it is really bad, return it, but if everything else is fine and it is a minor rotation, I'd just live with it. Everytime you return something, there's a chance something else that was working fine might go wrong.

Next you are going to be worrying about the hairline crack that starts forming between the power button and app button
  4.    #4  
    hairline crack? argh, i thought i was done with that problem when i got rid of my HTC touch, LOL. Oh well, i guess i'll see how it goes with it and if it annoys me i'll just exchange it. You would think that palm would have some sort of quality control that wouldnt allow a crooked screen, but i guess they must have a lot of cross eyed people working in the sweat shops.
    I'm on my 4th centro. keypad light went out on my last one. Now I have a crooked screen again (#2 had one too) and the fit and finish of the aluminum portion is a bit off compared to my others as well. Looks like I'll be on Centro #5 tomorrow when I go back for a new one. I can't look at the screen knowing it's crooked. I keep focusing on it. My finger gets caught in the raised gap below the home button. Feel like I could reset a dime in it.

I find myself looking at the Touch Pro more and more. It's pretty much the same size as the Centro.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    I'm on my 4th centro. keypad light went out on my last one. Now I have a crooked screen again (#2 had one too) and the fit and finish of the aluminum portion is a bit off compared to my others as well. Looks like I'll be on Centro #5 tomorrow when I go back for a new one. I can't look at the screen knowing it's crooked. I keep focusing on it. My finger gets caught in the raised gap below the home button. Feel like I could reset a dime in it.

I find myself looking at the Touch Pro more and more. It's pretty much the same size as the Centro.

Yea, the screen is really starting to bug me too. I cant help but focus on it too now.

I came from the Touch and i hated it. The Palm OS is so much easier to navigate and so much quicker. MS sucks balls. Its so effin slow, and never ever again will i not have a full qwerty keyboard. They just came out with WM 6.1 but i never upgraded, so maybe its faster now. I would think the Touch Pro would have it.

I also was looking into the Samsung Omnia (verizon), but chose the centro. I really missed my Treo 650, so i'm hoping i like the centro.
    I'm sure you'll like it. I've got no complaints about the phone itself. Just some QC issues. My 1st one had the center button break. The 2nd one had a noticeably crooked screen. 3rd one the keyboard light went and now this one. Otherwise, I've been very happy with the stability, speed and overall functionality for a garnet OS phone.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.