Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I use Outlook for my calendar, contacts, desktop email, etc., and currently have Gmail IMAP running through Chatter on my Treo 700p. I currently do not use DateBook or Agendus or any other third party calendar software. Is there any way to send and accept meeting invitations from my phone? It's a pain to make a new appointment on my phone and then have to remember to send out invitations after a hot sync.

I am considering a "new" Centro (once they are available in black) to replace my 700p due to many years of POS use and lots of existing software, but I may also consider a WinMo device if that will get me some additional functionality (like the meeting invites).
    Versamail can get you halfway there. Versamail can respond to invitations and update your calendar. It has a nice dialog box to either accept or decline the invitation, then respond with or without comments. But it can't create invitations. I have only done this with my exchange server account. Don't think the question would apply to a pop3/imap account.

DateBk doesn't support creating meeting invitations for appointments.
    Last edited by imfletcher32; 12/05/2008 at 09:36 AM.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    ^ Thanks for the reply. I'm using Gmail IMAP with no exchange server. I think your success with Versamail is probably a result of your exchange server connection. I was never able to get it to accept invitations.

Good to know that Datebook won't solve the problem.

Anyone know if Agendus can interract with Chatter to send/accept meeting invitations? Could I do this on a WinMo device, or does it all hinge on having exchange server access?
    I use the Out of Office version of Seven's Beta program which acts as a PalmOS client for my companys Outlook Web Access (OWA)
    http://community.seven.com/download.php

It lets me send and receive/accept Outlook invitations.

I'm wondering if there is some other solution via the many web calendar services to somehow text or twitter the service to send out a meeting invite that eventually ends up back in your Treo when you have a way of sync'ing with the web calendar. Anyone?