1.    #1  
    Hello,

I have several custom MP3 ringtones that I created on my PC and then synced onto my SD card and finally moved over into ROM with MiniTones. I rotate between these MP3s as the ringtone for the 'Known Caller' group on a random schedule...basically whenever I get tired of hearing the same one. For quite some time, this worked fine. Recently, however, the ringtone for this group will switch back to the default 'Treo' ringtone. I go into the 'Sounds & Alerts' settings, change it back to my MP3, and it's fine for a few days, a week, but it eventually goes back to the default ringtone. In contrast, any individual contact that has a custom ringtone behaves just fine. Some of them have had the same custom ringtones for over a year.

The only other odd thing I've noticed is that I have Treo Launcher (v 1.5) installed. When I'm finished resetting my ringtone in the 'Sounds & Alerts' screen and I push the 'Done' button on the LCD screen, I'm taken to the default Palm system launcher, not back to my home Treo Launcher screen...I have to hit the silver Home button on the phone when finished setting the ringtone to avoid this.

At first I thought it was because NVBackup was set to reset the phone after the daily backup, but this option is not and never was enabled. I even disabled the daily backups for a week or so and the ringtone problem was still present. I've also just set my 'Unknown Caller' and 'Roaming' ringtones to custom MP3s and will monitor their behavior over the next week.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem, or maybe something similar?

sleepy
    Lovin' my Centro...keeping an eye on the Pre.

The road of life is rocky, and you may stumble too. So while you point your finger, someone else is judging you. -- Bob Marley
    Yeah that happens to me after it resets. But I thought it might be normal an didbt worry about it. lol It also knocks off my custom color backgrounds, but one click on the "Colorize" app an its ready to go. So for me its the resett that causes it.
    -Link-Master-
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by jedismurf View Post
    So for me its the resett that causes it.
    That sounds logical, and if the only time my ringtone reset itself was after a reset, I wouldn't even complain. But the fact that my Centro is performing fine all week, no resets or freezes or anything and the ringtone still resets itself seems odd to me.

sleepy

The road of life is rocky, and you may stumble too. So while you point your finger, someone else is judging you. -- Bob Marley
    The sounds applet is hardcoded to return to the original palm launcher app and not the default launcher. Design flaw in that applet.
    Does the reversion of the ringtone corolate to anything like a hotsync?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by cavingjan View Post
    The sounds applet is hardcoded to return to the original palm launcher app and not the default launcher. Design flaw in that applet.
    Fair enough...thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by cavingjan View Post
    Does the reversion of the ringtone corolate to anything like a hotsync?
    I am trying to determine what, if anything, could be responsible but I can't figure it out yet. I know it isn't a hotsync because the most recent one was when I loaded my last MP3 ringtone, and that was almost a month ago. I don't hotsync very often.

sleepy