1.    #1  
    One that can take my .bmp files and convert them to .jpg files right on the device. I'm sick of having to hotsync/email screenshots and such just to photoshop their format & send them back. Plus I'd REALLY like to be able to MMS the images I've drawn in JazzyDraw to friends!
    tealpaint and I think rescoviewer might do this but Im not sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by OLD_HATCH View Post
    tealpaint and I think rescoviewer might do this but Im not sure.
    OMG! Thanks OLD_HATCH!!

Whenever I needed to change my bmp, I used Card Reader, copied it to my computer, saved it as jpeg, then copied it back to my Treo.

I have Rescoviewer, and I checked to see if I can change to jpeg........ and what do ya know?! It CAN!! I didn't know that! Thanks!

I use ScreenDump alot, to save copies of text messages (for work). You just saved me some time (now that I won't have to copy to/from Treo/Computer)...... time that I can now spend looking for more smilies, LOL!

Thanks again!!

VERY happy user of these GREAT apps:

TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial.
    Also check out the
    TAKEphONE skins , TAKEphONE skins thread

Verizon Treo 755p
    lol

those resco apps are pretty usefull.

I usually work things the other way around. I need to make a bmp out of a jpg so I just open it in pics and videos and use screendump da.

Hey have you tried textdump DA by Pruss? It might work better(depending your needs) at making copies of your text messages.

EDIT
    Just tried text dump and it no worky on mms for some reason
    Last edited by OLD_HATCH; 12/05/2008 at 06:31 AM.
    Never knew about Textdump DA. I'll have to check that one out, thanks!!

Also check out the

Verizon Treo 755p
  6.    #6  
    Good lord. I really don't want to spend $20+ just to be able to convert an image format. Anybody have any other suggestions? Cause if this is it, I think I'm sticking to the old-fashioned process..
  7.    #7  
    FYI: I found a quick, free alternative:

Upload your .bmp file to photobucket via email on your palm device. Shortly after you should get an email confirmation saying the upload was successful. Inside that email is a link to the uploaded image, which photobucket has automatically converted to .jpg. Just tap & hold on the image to save If you plan on sending the .jpg image right away, choose save & open, & once the file is downloaded to your device & displaying on the screen, use the envelope button to send with picturemail/facebook uploader/whatever.

It's even 10x simpler than it sounds in writing. Hope this helps someone, it sure did me =]
    Well if you have a way to launch DA's there is a .jpg version of screendump DA over on 1src.com.

If you don't mind having all your images 320x320 that'll work right on the device.

Images get saved to card (root not DCIM Folder)which you can attach from there.
  9.    #9  
    Oh, geez. I never knew there was a .jpg screendumpda. That woulda solved my dillema in the first place.

+ Even easier & I won't clutter up my photobucket account that way.

thanks.
  10.    #10  
    Could you link me to that version of screendump? I can't seem to locate it in Blazer.. I just moved & won't have an internet connection for about a week. =/
    Screendump saves it in .bmp, not .jpg. You can find it here: Screendump

Also check out the

Verizon Treo 755p
    Quote Originally Posted by Delpita View Post
    Screendump saves it in .bmp, not .jpg. You can find it here: Screendump
    Actually Del.... Pruss made a .jpg version of screendumpda. Its a little undocumented cause I think he made it for someone or his own personal use and never advertised it much.

Either way for thos interested I am attaching a copy of the .JPG version of screndumpDA.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Oh, thanks OLD_HATCH! I didn't know that Alex had made a .jpg version. Thanks for sharing!!

Also check out the

Verizon Treo 755p